Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 25 September 2012

Daffodils bloom, a blanket from Spain and shall we have Summer fruits?

Good Afternoon everyone!

As you know if you follow the 'SIBOL' Blog we recently made a 'Think Pink (2) Blanket for Breast Cancer Care Awareness Month.  The Blanket was assembled by Joanna here in the UK and Squares flew in from all over the World. My original plan was to auction it on EBAY but a Lady contacted me a few days ago and she was very interested in buying it.  I am very happy to say that I have sold the Blanket for £200.00 and every penny will go towards Breast Cancer Care here in the UK.

This really is a wonderful achievement for our Group and I would like to thank everyone involved in this particular Challenge. We do have another Blanket coming up very soon, Fiona over in the Netherlands is very kindly putting it together for me. That will be the 3rd 'Think Pink'.  I will let you know when it is ready for showing.  We will be trying to sell that one by 'Silent Auction' here on the 'SIBOL Blog'.

Thanks to Ladies all over the World for helping to make this blanket.


I am very happy to be showing you some 'Daffodil Squares' which arrived today from 'bonsall' here in the UK. She has very kindly sent me three Squares for our Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge. These are just pefect, I love them thank you so much!

bonsall. Your Daffodils are in bloom! Thank you!





Created with flickr slideshow.

Why not join us? We are collecting 6" (15cms) Knitted or Crocheted Daffodil Squares for Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge.

Please mail me with any queries Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net


I had a parcel arrive this morning from Sonieta and her Mummy in Spain. On opening I found a beautiful Granny Square Blanket. This really is such a gorgeous Blanket, a wonderful selection of colours make these  Squares so....interesting.  I just love this Blanket. I am very grateful to you both for going to such a lot of trouble for our 'SIBOL' project. I know this Blanket will give a lot of comfort to an Elderly person it is so warm!

What wonderful Granny Squares!



Why not make one yourself! I hope we have inspired you to collect all those ends of yarn and see what you can make with them.


Created with flickr slideshow.
 
Before I finish my post this afternoon I would like to show you the Blanket that I have finished myself. This one reminds me of Summer fruits. I hope you like it.
 
 
Thanks to everyone that contributed Sqauares for this Blanket. 
 

Created with flickr slideshow.
 
Many thanks to everyone who contributed Squares for this Blanket too!
 
I think that's about all for now,
 
thank you for popping in today and once again thanks to everyone who took part
in the Breast Cancer Care 'Think Pink' Blanket, a really good result!
 
x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment