Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 24 June 2013

Think Pinks are donated to Breast Cancer Care here in the UK.

Good Afternoon and welcome to 'SIBOL',

I'm very pleased to be telling you this afternoon that I have just posted off 3 beautiful 'Think Pink' Blankets. Breast Cancer Care 'North and Midlands' have very kindly agreed to accept them from us.
As you know these Blankets are some of our special Charity Blankets. We have already raised a substantial amount of money ourselves by the sale of other 'Think Pinks' on EBAY. I thought it would be nice to try something different with these Blankets and that's why I contacted them.

Lisa from Breast Cancer Care has told me that they will be used for Strawberry Tea parties which are taking place over the next few months and I really hope they will be useful to them in their fund raising.

We had such fun making these Blankets. Ladies in our Group are very generous donating their time and energy to making a Square and I would also like to thank Joyce, Fiona and Marion for their hard work too putting them together. Several Ladies in our Group have experienced Breast Cancer themselves so these particular Think Pinks do mean something personally too.

These are the Blankets which have been sent off to them.

Marion's Blanket.

What a pretty Blanket and how kind of you 'jean nock' to make this one for us.  Think Pink (7).



Fiona's Pink Ribbon

'Think Pink' (6).  'Pink Ribbon'.  So beautiful!



Blanket Joyce made up for us.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this gorgeous Blanket.



Good luck to all at Breast Cancer Care and thanks to everyone who helped me with these special 'Think Pink' Challenges.

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment