Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 7 October 2013

Delivery Day 'again!'

Good Afternoon and Welcome!

Yes, it's Delivery Day again today. Over the past week or two I have been gathering Blankets up ready to take to Grove Care Home in Solihull. They look so pretty with their Butterflies attached and Ribbons. Not to mention their Gift Cards.

Delivery Day 'again'. Soon comes around. Back to Grove Care Home to deliver 8 more Blankets.



On my last visit I didn't have enough for all the Residents in the Home so I promised to go back as soon as I could. I rang the Home this morning to see if it was convenient to call round, no problem at all. Here's Grove Care Home.

Delivery Day again! 18th September 2013. The Grove Care Home, Solihull.


I was welcomed by Jane and she very kindly acccepted our Blankets and agreed to have her photograph taken.

008

She loved the Dahlia Blanket. This one was made jointly by the Ladies in the 'SIBOL'
Group and was organised by baw1812. What fun the Ladies had making this pretty Square. Can you imagine how an Elderly person is just going to love this Blanket?

It certainly is going to brighten someone's day along with the others.

In my Delivery  box was a large single bed size Blanket that Myrna had made. I explained this one was larger than the others but Jane said how useful it would be to perhaps someone who is feeling poorly and needs extra warmth on the bed. I said let's hope it cheers them up with all the bright colours.

004

Our 'SIBOL' project was started in January 2010 and I still can't get over the kindness of
Ladies worldwide who support our work for the Elderly.

It always gives me such pleasure when I deliver our 'Sunshine Blankets'.  I am just so proud of you all and I know first hand how important our work is.

So a big thank you from Jane at Grove Care Home, Solihull and also a big thank you from myself.
How very kind of you all to spend so many hours making these wonderful Blankets for the Elderly here in the UK. 

Any enquiries about our 'Sunshine Blankets'
please email me 
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Enjoy your Crocheting and Knitting!

Bye for now

x Sue x 



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful collection of blankets, as always! I love reading about your delivery days :-D xx

    ReplyDelete