Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 20 September 2014

What's new this weekend?

Good afternoon  to you all!

First of all may I welcome anyone new visiting our 'SIBOL' Blog today and over the last few days. It's so nice that you are coming across us. There is always something new to see on here and I do hope you will scroll down on previous posts too.

May I say before we go any further there is no need to wrap the 'Christmas Gifts' in Christmas wrapping paper. Although I said they will be 'Gifts',  the Homes will do this as they do our Blankets for Christmas. So I wouldn't want you to go to that added expense. If you are new to SIBOL I have been asking if anyone would like to make small warm items such as Bed Socks, Bed Jackets, Crocheted or Knitted Slippers, Warm Hats Knitted or Crocheted, Scarves, Fingerless Gloves, Wrist Warmers etc., anything like that for an Elderly person to open on Christmas Day. The Residents in Homes do not receive many Gifts and I just thought it would be something new we could try as a Group this Christmas. Thank you.

I would like to thank Kianie this morning for sending in a Blanket for our Elderly Residents. I just love the colour combinations in this one and the Squares are delightful too! A great sized Blanket this one will give a lot of comfort to someone Elderly. It's called 'Paint the Town Red!'. A wonderful piece of work and I love the name too! Thank you so much Kianie!

015


016


I would also  like to thank Sally very much indeed for assembling Knitted Squares from our 90 year old Irene. She has made a couple of beautiful Shawls which will be very useful and also some Sunshine Blankets.  I would also like  to thank  jenn1feranne for sending a lovely purple Knitted Shawl too. We certainly are getting some lovely work arriving.

First of all let's take a look at the Shawls from Irene and Sally.

001


002


A pretty pastel one and now a shocking pink one!

003


004

Sally has assembled Irenes' Squares so beautifully. Thank you.

Now the Sunshine Blankets.

Sally has assembled some odd Squares that I had at home into this Blanket and she's also added some of her own. It's an interesting Blanket Sally.

005

006

I love the colourful border.

Then Irenes' Squares have been put into Sunshine Blankets. A pretty Blue one now.


007

008

The Squares go together so well in the next Blanket.

009

010

Striped ones make an interesting Blanket too!

011

012

All of our Blankets are so...different.

013


014


I'm over the moon with them Sally thanks so much for giving us a hand!

jenn1feranne (Scotland) has sent in a Shawl  which arrived today.
Details are on here.
A gorgeous Shawl made in pretty colours this is going to be so warm for someone frail.

Your work is amazing jenn1feranne!
Thank you! 

017


018

019

It's always so lovely to receive everyone's work and I can guarantee you that it will all be given out before Christmas.  I go to the Homes myself and hand deliver everything. I'm sure the Residents will be very pleased to receive these wonderful makes.

I think that's about all for today.
If there is anything at all you would like to ask me please feel free to mail me
I'm Sue
on 
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Thank you

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment