Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 2 March 2015

Beautiful Shawls and Sunshine Blanket to show you today!

Good afternoon and welcome!

I have some pretty Blankets and Shawls arriving today.

First of all Dulcatis over on RAVELRY has made a Sunshine Blanket which she is going to deliver to one of her local Homes. A very sensible idea because this will save postage to me and I'm sure she will get a great deal of satisfaction of delivering it herself. I have no problem at all with this anything to save money.  She has even made one of our SIBOL Butterflies to decorate it with.  Introducing 'Midnight Flowers'.

980 Dulcatis thank you.


Pretty isn't it? She has sent me a photo so I can count it in with the other ones. Thank you Dulcatis I know you have enjoyed making.

Next we have four Shawls from Hilde (Norway).

Shawls from Hilde (Netherlands) thank you.


Such pretty Shawls Hilde. You are so kind making these for the Residents in UK Homes. They are all wonderful patterns and I love the yarn. Many thanks indeed.

Next we have a Sunshine Blanket from 'Gilly Lilly'  with  two Shawls.

979 Thanks to Gill 'Florists Delight'.


006

Gill P thank you.



Thanks so much the Blanket and the two Shawls are superb!

Thanks everyone!
We only have 20 more Sunshine Blankets to make now.
Then we will reach our 1,000th Blanket.

Well done to you all

x Sue x


There is good news on postage charges. Royal Mail will REDUCE the cost of posting some parcels from the end of March 2015. The main difference will impact on a lot of our blanket-size parcels and is very good news. Basically the current charge for posting a medium size parcel weighing up to 2kg is £8. This will go down to £4.89 from March 30th. This means Royal Mail will be able to compete with cheaper couriers.
Letter charges are going up by 1p, but I think we were all really finding parcel charges prohibitive, so roll on March 30th.
The £2.80 charge for small parcels doesn’t seem to be changing.
There is more info about prices here.
Anyone planning on posting a parcel in March needs to weigh things up carefully…(excuse the pun!)


THANKS UNA! 

2 comments:

  1. The shawls and blankets are lovely. I'm glad to hear about Royal Mail reducing their parcel prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, re shawls + blanket, I sent you a ravelry message when I posted them. GP

    ReplyDelete