Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 10 May 2012

Let's have some fun today!

Good Afternoon to everyone visiting SIBOL today!

The Ladies on RAVELRY are having fun making Butterflies for a visit to a Craft Group I am doing next year and also for our 'SIBOL Butterfly Stash!'. It's always great to have any kind of embellishment and Ann has already been very kind in sending me quite a selection Stars, Flowers, Hearts and Butterflies. They get used up so quickly though so I am always very grateful for more. These are attached to our SIBOL Blankets!

I'm sitting here thinking how far afield can our Butterflies fly from? So where ever you are in the world why not pick up your Hook and make a Butterfly! Beverley (baw1812) has very kindly made some tags for the Butterflies and if you RAV mail  her I'm almost positive she would send  the file over to you on normal email as an attachment!  You can then put your name and country on the tag and attach it to your Butterfly!



Her RAV name is baw1812

If you want to 'Knit a Butterfly' then please do!

I'm going to give you a link to Nettie's Blog over in Australia. She very kindly put up a video tutorial some time ago for a Crocheted Butterfly. They are so easy to make and they are so beautiful! It would be really interesting to see how far our SIBOL Butterflies can fly!

 Here are some that have been made already by the Ladies on RAVELRY.

These ones have been made by Nik. Nik is a new Member to our SIBOL RAV Group, I'm pleased you've joined us and your Butterflies are super!




Beverley has been busy! Aren't they gorgeous!



Carol has made these ones and she gave me the link for the yarn which is really nice. 'Penny's Cotton Club'  I'm going to treat myself one of these days!



Of course you don't have to follow Netties tutorial. Please feel free to make your own Butterfly. You may have a different pattern you would like to share. Please email me on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

If you want to join in the chat about Butterflies over on RAVELRY. Follow the Link!

I haven't any Squares today nor Blankets and I have been busy at the printer's today getting our SIBOL Labels ready for the Blankets. There are about 40 upstairs waiting to be delivered in a few months time.
Here they are! 






Created with flickr slideshow.



We work terribly hard all year round making Squares and indeed Blankets for the Elderly in Nursing Homes  and it's nice this week that we can have a bit of fun making Butterflies! I am really enjoying the SIBOL RAV Group why not join us!

I'm going to leave you with some  pretty paperweights now I have been making! This one is from the Emmerdale Blanket we sent off to Emmerdale Production Studios.





This one is from 'Flower Garden' - 'creativegranny'.




                                                   'On Target!' - 'joyce 28'.



Thank you to everyone visiting 'SIBOL' today I hope you have enjoyed what you have seen!

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Hola Lunita, pasé a conocer este blog tan bonito, no sabía que estabas en un grupo, las felicito por las hermosas mantas, unas bellezas y las mariposas más lindas aún.... cariños y muy feliz fin de semana para ti y familia.

    ReplyDelete