Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 15 April 2014

Catching up....

Good Afternoon and Welcome!

It's lovely to be popping in to the SIBOL Blog to show you what's new. I do apologise for the lack of posts this is due to work going on at home and also my lap top playing up. Anyway here goes.. First of all I would like to thank 'jessiebonbon' for the beautiful Shawl and Blanket received. As you know we have started making Shawls for the Elderly and it's become quite popular now. We've had some lovely ones come in. 'jessiebonbon' has made one with a little pocket crocheted on which I think is a really good idea.

jessiebonbon thank you for the Shawl


I love the shade of Pink 'jessiebonbon' thank you so much.

Next we have a 'Sunshine Blanket' that 'jessiebonbon' put together for us. The Squares were from the 'Lovingly Made' Knitting Group. Beautiful Squares and the joining is perfect many thanks to you both.

023

Christine has also sent in a stunning 'Sunshine Blanket'. Lovely bright colours which the Elderly love.

004

I love large Granny Square Blankets and they are a good way of using up un-wanted yarn. Thanks so much Christine it's very kind of you to think of SIBOL.

MarilynJG has very kindly assembled some Squares for me. Just take a look at this one. They are all so different. That's what I love about our 'Sunshine Blankets'. This one has flat braiding. There are plenty of videos on You Tube to try why not pop over there. Thanks MarilynJG!

009



We've had such a lot of Blankets arrive, I hope they are giving you inspiration!

Last week I was very fortunate to meet baw1812. She was visiting Cadbury World with her family and popped in on the way home. She very kindly made a great selection of Shawls and also brought me two 'Sunshine Blankets'. Not to mention the pretty Butterflies!

baw1812 Thank you for the Shawl.


baw1812 Thank you for the Shawl.


baw1812 Thank you for the Shawl!


baw1812 Thank you for the Shawl.

Fantastic! Aren't they pretty? Why not have a go!
Why not pop over to baw1812's RAVELRY page to find out morel.

Here's the Link.

I also received two 'Sunshine Blankets'. The first one is called 'Maybelle Blanket'.

007

What a bright Blanket! Full of lovely colour and such a pretty Pattern.
You'll see the details on baw1812's RAVELRY pages.

The next one was assembled by baw1812 but the Squares were from Diane.
You've put it together so well thank you very much. 

Thanks to Diane too for gorgeous Squares.

012

I also have some Butterflies to show you that baw1812 has made. They will be very useful.

Butterflies from Bev thank you.

The Ribbon will be great for our Blankets as well.

Stash Ribbon from Bev thank you.


Well I think that's it. Thanks to everyone that has sent in donations for the Elderly I'm very grateful to you all. Shawls and Blankets are gorgeous.

x Sue x 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful selection of goodies

    ReplyDelete