Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 20 August 2010

Squares from Austria today and also Spain this afternoon!

Hello Everyone,

The weekend is nearly here.  The weeks seem to fly by. I hope you are all doing something special for the weekend.

Today I am very happy to show you Squares which have arrived this morning from my friend Susanna.  Susanna lives in Austria. Susanna doesn't have a blog as yet, but I do hope one day she decides to make one. She Knits and Crochets beautifully and always makes such a variety of gorgeous items.

Her Squares are going to be great for our Challenges coming up.  One little Square is just perfect for our Sea/Seaside Challenge I just love it. See if you can  find it?  The other Squares will be lovely for our Mens' Blankets, gorgeous colour combinations and great patterns.

Thank you so much Susanna for the Squares it's very nice of you to take part in our project.

Susanna make yourself a coffee, sit back now and enjoy your Slide Show and Thank You!



Did you spot the fish? So cute, I love it. I love them all though. 

I had a second post at lunchtime. Squares from Spain! Yes, Miren sent them to me. I am so happy Miren is taking part in our project.  Her Squares are very nice. The Green ones I think will be great for our Men's Blankets. It's so nice to see the variety of Squares everyone is coming up with.  These are simply perfect!
I have had trouble lately taking some nice photos outside because we have had nothing but rain today! But I
popped out quickly to lay them on my bench.

Thank you so much Miren! Here's your Slide Show!
Have a good weekend everyone!




7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue.. it's been awhile since I've come to visit, so sorry for the long delay. I may have to do up some Christmas squares, as that is my favorite holiday and I have a stash of those colors I need to use. Hope all is well with you and yours, and that you have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!

    I like all the squares, in particular the fish one and Miren's green ones. Well done ladies!

    And the answer to your question is.. Yes, I bought some yarn during mi trip, hehehehe! I couldn't help it!
    :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection of squares. Just want to say thank you for your very sweet thank you card you sent me. I love getting surprises like that in the post. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sue lovely sqares happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Suaquares , I love the combination of colors...something different .....Cute squares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful squares Miren and Susanna! Those squares will find happy homes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice squares, Jane in Australia

    ReplyDelete