Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 28 March 2011

Squares from the UK!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope you all had a nice weekend. It's such a lovely day here in the UK, warm and sunny once again.

I usually have a Ta - Dah for you on a Monday, but this blanket is taking a little longer than usual. I'm doing the 'Royal Wedding Blanket' as you know.  Progress?  Well I'm doing the border now so I  hope it won't be much longer.  It has a total of 56 so it's over double than our usual Blankets. I'm having such fun making this Blanket up.  I'll post as soon as it is completely finished.

I've had two gorgeous Grannies come in this morning.  Even though we only have a few Challenges running at the moment I always accept Grannies and Flower Squares, so these two Squares are most welcome.

sistersestina (Rav) has very kindly sent me the Squares and I am most grateful for them. I do hope you enjoyed making them for our SIBOL project. Thank you so much!





Have you visited our Ravelry  SIBOL Group? Why not pop over and join us!  You know I have to be honest I never really 'got in to' Ravelry but since Aishwarya set this up for me I am really enjoying meeting new friends over there.  We've been having a nice chat on one of the threads about yarn shopping! I've really enjoyed that.

Aishwarya has organised 'Square Swaps' too, which have been very popular.  I'm sure she would love new Ladies joining up and taking part.

If you want to find out what our remaining Challenges are please click on the link for the SIBOL CHALLENGE web site.

Well I think that's about all.   I'll post our 'Royal Wedding Blanket' as soon as possible.

Thanks for visiting SIBOL today!

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.Sue! So nice to hear from you, as always :) I'm so glad you have nice weather to enjoy..pretty chilly here.
    I always "assumed" the lovely room you always take the pictures in was your "craft" room. My arms ache for you everytime I look at all that glass!! :)
    I have not heard anything from her at all. I did leave a short message for her today so we shall see, I'll keep you posted.
    Love the squares!
    Much love...Nicole
    you shouldn't be so hard on yourself..you do so much already..no need to work through the night :) take carexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see. Take your time.
    Lots going on here.
    Trying to get ready to leave for Flordia this Saturday. And my mom just announced she is having spine surgery while I'm gone. Guess when it rains it pours. Can't really post about it all as she read my blog now. So, I had to take break for a few days, to let the dust settle and get the brothers rolls organized.

    Hope to post before I leave. I'm flying down 6 day ahead of Scott and then he flys down for the family gathering and wedding. So, nice to not be driving this year.

    Enough rambling for now,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete