Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 6 December 2011

Three new SIBOLS! 120 Sunshine Blankets have now been made 3,000 Squares assembled! Thank you!

Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today. 

I am so pleased to be showcasing three new SIBOLS. I would like to thank each and everyone of you that have contributed Squares for these Blankets. It's quite a milestone because we have now made 120 'Sunshine Blankets' and 3,000 beautiful Squares have now been assembled! Wow!

The first one has a name and it's called 'Pastels in a Paintbox!'.  (SIBOL 118).  The Squares have been made by Jean B and also Emily both Ladies from the UK.

These Squares were kindly donated by Jean B. and Emily (UK)


If you remember Jean B sent me 'nearly' enough Squares for two Blankets. On the above Blanket I had to add a few of Emilys to make the 25. They matched so well together!   Here is the first  Blanket that I made with Jean B's Squares! This one is called 'Pastel Dreams'.

Thank you Jean B for donating all of these pretty Squares! 'Pastel Dreams'.


I am very grateful to both Ladies Jean B and Emily. I will be putting the second of these Blankets into a Slide Show at the end of this post.  The Granny Squares were beautiful, all in gorgeous Pastel colours which are my favourite. I really loved making these Blankets and it's our 'Good old Granny' once again that has been made by Emily and Jean.

SIBOL 119 has also  been finished. This is a Blanket full of gorgeous Flower Squares! Just take a look at the individual Squares. They are truly works of Art!.  You know Flower Squares are my favourite!

Thanks to all the Ladies who contribute Squares to this Flower Blanket. They are gorgeous!



SIBOL120  arrived in the post today. 'Jean Nock' very kindly assembled this Blanket for me. I send her the yarn and the Squares and she always comes up with a beautiful Blanket! Thank you so much Jean Nock! The Squares are lovely once again. Take a look at this one.

Thanks Jean Nock for assembling. Thanks to everyone that has contributed Squares to this Blanket.


Thanks to everyone that has sent me Squares for these pretty Blankets, I love them all!

I hope you will sit back now and view the Slide Show coming up. Let's have a closer look at these 'Sunshine Blankets'.




Created with flickr slideshow.

4 comments:

  1. WOW. 120 blankets and 3000 squares. How many blankets did you plan on making when you started this, Sue?
    What a wonderful milestone!
    Thank you for letting me be a small piece of it.
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! I was just telling my yarn group last week about your wonderful work. Blessings to all, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue what an amazing achievement Well done!! and they look wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Sue, What a wonderful body of work - and still growing. Give yourself a pat on the back - you are the Queen Bee!

    Hugs,

    Jennifer xxx

    ReplyDelete