Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 28 May 2013

You must pop in to see these beautiful Crocheted Blankets donated to the 'SIBOL' Group.

Good Morning to you all!

Our 'SIBOL' Blog is very fast moving and nearly each day I write new posts showing you what's new. I do hope you will scroll down to catch up.

Today I have received a bumper parcel from cosseted (Wales).  The parcel was full of Butterflies, Squares and beautiful Blankets. I'm sure you are eager to look at what's new.

First of all 'cosseted' very kindly offered to make up a bag of 25 Squares for me. I would like to thank everyone for sending in these gorgeous Squares. I'm sure you will love the finished Blanket.

Thanks to everyone for sending in the Squares for this blanket.

It's great how Squares come together in a Blanket.


The next one involves our 'SIBOL' Butterflies.
'cosseted' has very kindly made a Blanket for our Butterfly Challenge.
This is so pretty. I love the colours, I love the pattern.

The pattern was given to us by Luna over in the States and I'm sure she would be very pleased to see how this has turned out.
Here's the link.

043

Simply gorgeous!
I am in happy land today!


The Blankets keep a comin!'

037

Another Blanket full of yummy coloured Squares. Just love it.


014

Wow! Amazing work. 
Which is your favourite?


029

This was the last of the Blankets sent in by 'cosseted'. 
Aren't they all amazing?

I also received some Squares from her

'cosseted' (Marion) Wales Thank you for the Squares! So pretty!


and some 'SIBOL' Butterflies.

'SIBOL' Butterflies are so pretty! Thank you!


If you are interested in making some gorgeous Butterflies like these ones for my
'SIBOL' Stash I'll be very pleased to accept them. I am always in need of 
Butterflies to decorate our beautiful 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly.


My friend Nettie in Australia has a great
video tutorial describing in detail how our Butterflies are made.
Here's the Link.

Well what a fantastic selection of Blankets received today from 'cosseted' in Wales.
They are just the prettiest things. I know that you have spent many hours making these Blankets and I just want to tell you that all your hard work is very much appreciated by myself and Ladies in the 'SIBOL' Group.  

I can't wait to take these Blankets to the Homes, I know that they are going to be so well received.

Thank you so much.

x Sue x 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blankets as ever - very inspiring seeing such pretty colours, always makes me run off and start crocheting!

    ReplyDelete