Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 20 November 2013

Beautiful Squares arrive for our Festivals Blanket.

Good Afternoon!

I am really pleased to be showing you some Squares that have been made sent to me today by Tinaspice They are Squares for our Jersey Textile Showcase Festivals Challenge.

As you can see from the photo below she has some fantastic ideas.

Over to the left we have 'Westminster Cathedral' and the theme is 'Flower Festival'. What a lot of detail in this Square! I love the Stained Glass Windows on the Cathedral and what a good idea to embroider pretty Flowers too. It's absolutely superb.

In the middle we have 'Festival of the Sea'. Just look at the waves so realistic. Made in gorgeous variegated yarn they really look like splashing waves. Lovely sails too fantastic!

Below we have 'Festival of Christmas'. Mary, Joseph and the Baby. Of course we have to have Christmas! Appropriate too for this time of year.

Then over to the right some Bunting Squares which will be lovely to add some colour to this special Blanket. So bright and cheerful.

Tinaspice. Squares for our Jersey Textile Showcase Challenge. Thank you very much. Superb!

Tinaspice very kindly sent me some Ribbon to decorate our Blankets which will be very useful indeed. You will see the photo in my Slide Show.

You certainly have put a lot of thought into these Squares Tinaspice. Beautifully made full of wonderful colour and interest. I'm sure everyone is going to love them.

I can't thank you enough for all the effort you have put into the making of them.

We now have enough Squares for this Challenge and I shall start putting it together now.

I love the Christmas decoration you sent me too  thank you so much!

The Blanket will be sent off when finished to Jersey Textile Showcase and next March it will be exhibited and then sold to raise money for Macmillan nurses.

Thanks also to everyone who has sent in Squares for this Blanket.

Here's your Slide show now!



Created with flickr slideshow.

x Sue x 

2 comments:

  1. All the squares are great. I especially like the nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely creative squares Sue, Tinaspice has done a great job. I cant wait to see the final blanket

    ReplyDelete