Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 3 December 2016

A Blanket arrives from Maryland USA.

Good morning,

I would like to thank Sharen very much indeed for sending me a Sunshine Blanket all the way from Maryland (MD) USA. How kind of you to send such a distance!  The Blanket is made in such pretty coloured variegated yarn and I know that it will be very well received in one of the Homes I visit.
The Blanket is a great size and Sharen has even included some Butterflies she has made. Thank you so.....much!

Let's take a look now.

photo 2.JPG


photo 1.JPG


Lots of Thanks too!


Yesterday I received an email thanking the Group 'Gill' in particular for a beautiful Sunshine Blanket that Rachel's Husband had received in one of the Homes I visit.

The Blanket they received was one called 'Multi Colours'
and Rachel tells me what a lot of comfort it has given her Husband.

"I hope you are able to send Gill very many thanks for making the beautifully crocheted blanket called "Multi Colours!"  She certainly has a wonderful eye for a delightful composition of colours and tones!
  We both love and enjoy the vibrant blanket which lifts the spirits, so please hand on our very warm thanks and appreciation.  

What a wonderful gift your Sunshine International Blankets of Love is!  Very many thanks to you for the comfort you bring."

XX Rachel


Thank you Rachel.


A note of thanks from Sharon at Lady Katherine Leveson, Knowle.


Dear Sue,
Thank you so much for the box of shawls - so beautiful - I have passed them
over to Kevin for our residents who I'm sure will be most appreciative. 
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Love Sharon

29 Shawls for Lady Katherine Leveson Care Home. Thanks everyone x


It's so nice to know that our work is well received thank you both.

I have three boxes of Sunshine Blankets to take out very soon.
May I remind you all now I cannot receive anymore Blankets or Shawls this year.

We start again 1st March 2016.

Thanks to everyone who has helped the 'SIBOL' project once again this year.

x Sue x 

No comments:

Post a Comment