Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 4 July 2013

Bumper Delivery Day!

Hi everyone!

Well today I have been getting the 'Marie Curie Cancer Care Daffodil Blankets' ready for the post and while doing so I had an alert come through on my iphone to say that joyce28's parcel had arrived at the local convenience store so off I went to pick it up. Came back opened up and what did I find inside? A book called 'Needled to Death' by Maggie Sefton the author of Knit One, Kill Two, Challenge Squares and 3 Blankets.

006



Joyce you have been busy.  Made a cup of tea, knock came to the door and it was another courier! This time a parcel from 'cosseted' in Wales. Wow! What a lot of work you sending my way today! Another cup of tea I think....

Where do we start? Let's take a look at Challenge Squares from joyce28 first I think.

010


Squares for Wartime Challenge.

007


Gardening Challenge.

009


Festivals Challenge.

008


What great designs joyce28!

Kite, Mardi Gras, Hanukka 'Festival of Light'. These Squares are going to look great in our Blankets. Some really lovely ideas once again thank you!
Colourful too, great!

I'm going to move on to the Blankets joyce28 sent in now. The first Blanket is one that joyce28 has assembled for me. I would like to thank everyone for these pretty Squares!
A very pretty border, I love these colours together very fresh looking! It's called 'Ice Cream Sundae' a great name!

Thanks to everyone for donating these Squares!


A beautiful Knitted 'Stars and Stripes' Blanket next wow! Just look at this one. You certainly are very talented joyce28 to make such a beautiful Blanket. It's a lovely large Blanket too and it's really lovely and warm. I just love the colours thank you so much. Can you imagine an Elderly person's smile on
receiving this one!


017

I was expecting 'Stars and Stripes' to come in the post but I didn't expect a 3rd Blanket.
Once again in the same colours it's another stunner!

023

What a fantastic Blanket again!
I wonder what this one will be called?

We certainly have some very talented Ladies in our Group.
Thank you so much for keeping me busy!


Created with flickr slideshow.

Not only did I receive Squares and Blankets from joyce28, 'cosseted' (Wales) has also been very busy.
She also sent me 3 Blankets, Squares and also Butterflies which are so pretty!

033
'cosseted' Thank you for the Squares and Butterflies.
A couple of Squares for our Challenges which are lovely 'cosseted' thank you so much.
Blankets too, what beauties!
035
034
032
'cossseted' very kindly put together a 'take a bag' for me and what a splendid job!
Thanks to everyone that sent in Squares for this Blanket, they really are lovely.
A great job of assembling too!
027
Pretty Squares in this one!
I just love the next one.... What great colour combinations!
040
'cosseted' also donated the one above and the next one.
Such lovely Granny Squares.
How quick you make them 'cosseted!'
030
Nothing like the Granny Square. The Black and Cerise one is made with textured yarn and when I was taking the photos this evening the yarn was really sparkling!



Created with flickr slideshow.



Well there you are I have been busy today.
6 new Blankets for 'SIBOL'.
Our Blankets are piling up again, looks like another delivery very soon!
Thanks to 'joyce28' and 'cosseted'.

Sorry about the photos rolling in to each other, I can't seem to correct it.

Enjoy your evening.
x Sue x 

No comments:

Post a Comment