Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 3 July 2013

Two new Sunshine Blankets arrive today!

Good Morning,

A couple of months ago I went to visit the Mother of June 'the Chairman of the Solihull Craft Group' to pick up some Squares from her. She is 90 years of age and she loves Knitting. June very kindly told her about our 'SIBOL' Group and she started Knitting for our Blankets.  I'm very pleased to be showing you the two Blankets that have come in today from Sally who very kindly assembled them for me. Sally has made a wonderful job once again of putting these Squares together for me. I love both Blankets and I'm sure you would like to take a look at them.

005


009



A friend of June's Mother also Knitted Squares for us and I would like to thank both Irene and Pat.
The Pastel one is so delicate with all the lighter colours and the one at the top is slightly larger than normal but that doesn't matter at all, it is going to be so warm for an Elderly perston to snuggle up under. Great colours in the top one too, I loved the striped Squares.


Created with flickr slideshow.

I hope you can view the Slide Show.
Thank you Sally very much indeed a superb job and thanks to Irene and Pat too, although I'm not sure whether they will be on-line! :)
I would also like to show you some pretty Squares that have arrived today from 'jean nock'.
I am going to put 7 of them into our Gardening Challenge as I am short of Squares.
001
002
Thanks ever so much for making them for 'SIBOL', I know they are going to look great in our Blankets.
x Sue x 

No comments:

Post a Comment