Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 6 July 2013

I love Butterflies!

Good Morning and what a hot one too!

I was just putting the laundry away upstairs and on looking out the window I saw a car pull up. Mr. Twins was washing his car and a Lady got out of the car and walked across to him. She gave him a plastic bag full of Butterflies. By the time I got downstairs she was driving off but she managed to wave across. The note inside was from Val. I have emailed Val to thank her. What a surprise! A bag absolutely full of Butterflies. All in different colours these Butterflies are just the prettiest things.

Butterflies started around Blanket no 7. I had put one on to decorate the Blanket and Salma in Kuwait said we should decorate each Blanket rather like a 'trademark'. So that's what we have been doing. Well
what a fantastic idea. The Ladies in the Homes really love the Butterflies, they hang them on their zimmer frames, door knobs and I have had Ladies who collect them too. Of course when I have taken a Basket full to the Homes they choose their favourite colours. Sometimes it is quite a difficult decision there are so many beautiful ones.

Val thank you ever so much. I can't get over how many you have made. They really are fantastic. It must have taken you ages. They will definitely be very useful.

For anyone else who would like to have a go at making them please follow this link to Netties Blog in Australia.

I had fun this morning playing with Butterflies, a change from doing the Laundry. How excited I was!
Thank you Val.

004


 I love Butterflies.


x Sue x 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this!! Need to make 100s... add to crochet bouquets, too!! :)
    ~Tess

    ReplyDelete