Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 30 August 2012

We're in 'Knit Today!!!!'

Good afternoon everyone and thanks for popping in to 'SIBOL'.

I have some very good news for you today. We have been featured in 'Knit Today' October 2012 issue.

A few months ago Kate Horwath contacted me and asked if she could do a telephone interview about our Olympic blankets. Of course I jumped at the opportunity. 'Knit Today' have always been so supportive of our work and it was a pleasure to answer her questions and send along some photographs.

You can imagine how happy I was this morning to see our beautiful blankets in the magazine.

I would like to thank Marie Parry and Kate Horwath for contacting me with regard to the article but I would also like to thank everyone that sent in squares for these particular blankets. We were certainly very successful with this particlar Challenge and it was an honour to work with your beautiful squares. They simply were amazing!

 If you click on the photo it will take you to Flickr then to enlarge the photo,
Click on the photo.
Click on 'Actions'
Go to 'Sizes'

You will be able to read it better.

Thanks so much everyone.

'SIBOL' is featured for our Olympic blankets! Thanks everyone!


Knit Today 'October 2012'.



Did you know that the 'Art of Crochet' was back in the shops? The first issue is only 99p.

For years I have longed for a new Crocheting magazine. Step by Step one. Here it is at last!



I had an email from a Lady this morning asking me for my address, she had 100 squares for me. Of course I was really really happy to hear this, but unfortunately I had to explain that we have a 'Square Stop' on at the moment till January.

I asked if she could possibly make the squares up into blankets for us and she was only too pleased to do so.

I am really sorry about this but I have 14 bags of squares left here plus Challenge squares and I really need to put a hold on accepting squares until January 2013. I am determined to get these bags made up before I take any more.  Quite a few Ladies on RAVERLY are helping me out assembling them which is really so lovely of them.

Of course Ladies are making their own blankets for 'SIBOL' while I am doing so and of course I am terribly grateful for these too!  It's a great way of keeping my numbers up while I'm busy assembling these squares.

If you are interested please pop over to our SIBOL CHALLENGE Blog.

So.....if you are visiting 'SIBOL' through the 'Knit Today' magazine today this is my current situation.
Any queries at all please feel free to contact me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

The Olympic blankets shown today were from a recent Challenge but of course we are busy throughout the year making blankets for our Elderly folk in Nursing Homes. To-date we have made 252! Thanks everyone!

I hope you like the article!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment