Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 9 October 2011

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 98!

Good Morning Everyone!


I am extremely happy to be showing you our 98th SIBOL! Only two more to go and we will have reached our 100th Blanket.

I am sure you will agree this Blanket is gorgeous. The Squares have been assembled by baw1812 over on Ravelry. ‘Beverley’ is the Lady who kindly put this Blanket together for us. She has been helping me assemble while I’ve been making some of the Challenge Blankets up. I am extremely grateful to her and I think she really has enjoyed the process.

This special Blanket has been called 'Wishes for Wiggles'.

To the Ladies who have contributed towards this Blanket I am so.....grateful to you. I know that each Square has been lovingly made and sent to Beverley. She has enjoyed receiving each Square and she’s been on a ‘high’ ever since she started this particular project!

The Squares have all been made with two particular colours in mind....Purple and Green. I thought Flower Squares for this project and it was so nice my end to see the Squares arrive at Bev’s house and be posted on to Ravelry. The patterns for each Square have been so pretty, I am so terribly proud of you all Ladies!

Beverley had the idea to put three Squares on to the Pillow case, they look great and finish it off nicely. Thank you Bev. You’ve worked so hard with this Blanket and I just want you to know that your friends ‘fellow SIBOLETTES’ think the Blanket is ‘BEAUTIFUL!’.

If you would like to read more please visit Ravelry

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 98! 'Wishes for Wiggles'.
 

 
Let's see some more of the Squares that came in for this special Blanket. They truly are beautiful!
 
 



Created with flickr slideshow.
 
I'm sure you will agree Beverley has made a wonderful job and she's had so much fun. thanks everyone!
 
x Sue x

4 comments:

  1. I love this one and think the color choices are brillant. You must be please to have someone close by to help stitch these together for you. You have done such an amazing job with each and every one. So much loven'. Someone just popped by my garden and said you mentioned the G.B., thanks for the linkie. I can't seem to find that posting. But, it could be that I'm still up in the woods of Michigan on a laptop. I don't know how you have done all this on a laptop either. I can't wait to get home to my normal big monitor and keyboard. Having a great vaca, but we think we like Wisconsin a little better. Maybe, that's because it F.R.E.E. at my brother's house. Seriously, the towns are closer and a lot more fun shopping and artist areas to scout out. Hope this comment works, I've been having a terrible time with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, this is a WONDERFUL blanket with great colours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done, Bev - the blanket looks fabulous. I only hope that my own offering can look even half as good as this! :)

    ReplyDelete