Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 16 July 2014

A 'Sunshine Blanket' arrives from the 'Swaps Galore' Group on RAV.

Good Afternoon and welcome!

First of all may I say thank you to everyone who put their names forward to help out with the smaller Blankets. I have passed on details to 'modelwidow' and she will contact everyone.

I have had a beautiful Flower 'Sunshine Blanket' arrive this morning from Steph and Ladies of the 'Swaps Galore' Group on RAVELRY. It really is very kind of you all to donate this beauty to 'SIBOL'.

I don't think  it will be possible to take a photo of one of the Residents in a Home accepting it but I will do my best to ask one of the Staff for you. I know it is very important to see where the Blankets finally go to and I always do my very best to take photos.

My all time favourite is Flower Blankets and at the bottom of the page I will show you some of our previous ones. Oh and if you want to see all the Blankets we have made and all the Squares we have previously received everything is recorded on Flickr. Here's the LINK.

Let's take a look at the Blanket now.

007


001


We are always in need of your Crocheting and Knitting Skills and if you feel you have time on your hands this Summer would you consider making a 'Sunshine Blanket' for SIBOL?

A typical Granny Square Blanket is the ideal sort of thing to carry around  with you and while watching the kids in the park it's something that doesn't need a great deal of concentration.
A great way also to use those bits of yarn lying around in your Stash.

Either making a Blanket using Squares or the round method would be fantastic and you could make it in whatever coloured yarn you like too!

We always need 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Care Homes and my aim now is to reach 1,000. We have totalled 778 I think  it is. My original idea was to make 6.

I would like to thank everyone for their support as usual.

Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares for this special Blanket for 'Emmerdale' TV programme.

Thanks to all the Ladies who contribute Squares to this Flower Blanket. They are gorgeous!

Thanks to everyone that has very kindly contributed Squares for this Blanket. 'Please add note' if you see your Flower Square!

Thanks to everyone for contributing Squares to 'Grow me a Garden'. (2)

Thank you to everyone that has contributed Squares for 'Grow me a Garden' (3). 'Please add note if you see your Square!'.


If there are any 'Sunshine Blankets' on their way to me would you please let me know on
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I am due to visit a home very soon and I'm trying to get the 45 before I go I am around 10 short I think. 

Thank you Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment