Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 31 July 2014

Making Shawls for 'SIBOL'.

Good Afternoon everyone!

The Homes are always very grateful for the beautiful 'Sunshine Blankets' we donate to them. Recently we have started making Shawls. These are great for just throwing around shoulders when it gets a little chilly. I have lots upstairs but my aim is to give another 20 to a local Home. I have already given 10. I probably need another half a dozen. Would anyone be interested in making one or maybe two if you are at a loose end this Summer?

There are lots of patterns available on the internet especially RAVELRY. Our favourite in the 'SIBOL' Group seems to be

The Original Half Granny Square/Shawl




baw1812  has just made a pretty one on RAVELRY and she has called it the 'Banana Split Shawl'. It's delightful and a very good name! I love it.

Here's the LINK if you would like to pop over and see it.

Thank you very much baw1812!

Enjoy the summer everyone and thank you!


x Sue x


~Thanks to jessiebonbon we now have some more lovely Butterflies.
Love the antennae ! x

Butterflies from 'jessiebonbon' many thanks to you!

5 comments:

  1. I have a couple that I just need to pack up and post, Sue. I'll try and send them this week. :) GillyLilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much GillyLilly! I look forward to receiving them. x

      Delete
  2. What sort of size would you be looking for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian
      Anything goes really there are Larger Ladies and Smaller Ladies.
      I've measured some here they are

      Top to point 65 cms
      Across 124 cms
      Thank you x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete