Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 21 November 2012

Our Freeform Challenge is completed! SIBOL Deliveries start today!

Hi Everyone!

Our 'SIBOL' Deliveries started today, please scroll down, thank you!

Some months ago 'creativegranny' over on RAVELRY asked me if she could organise a Freeform Challenge. This is something we have never done before in our Group and I was only too pleased to say yes. She asked members of our RAVERLY Group if they would like to send her a Freeform Square. Quite a few of our members had never done any Freeform before so 'creativegranny' was only too pleased to give them some tips.

Initially, we did have a few Ladies get worried about making one,  but once the first Squares started arriving at her home, the fear seemed to pass! 21 Squares arrived in total and 'creativegranny' has now joined them altogether in a wonderful wall-hanging.

She has joined them with beautiful black yarn which has a coloured glittery thread running through it and it certainly does make the Freeform Squares stand out. At the bottom of the hanging 'creativegranny' has attached the last Square and she really has made a feature of it by adding tiny Flowers and Butterflies.

SIBOL 'Freeform' Wall Hanging Challenge.



Everything is first class. The Squares have all been made so well, beautiful colours and the Squares themselves are so interesting and 'creativegranny' has certainly put them altogether so perfectly.

I can't thank you enough 'creativegranny' for suggesting this 'un-usual' Challenge for our Group. It certainly has been different for us and I am so pleased it has come out well and has been so successful! I really think everyone has enjoyed it and I know you have enjoyed it too!

I am going to take this 'Freeform Wall Hanging' along to the Craft Group next year in March and then afterwards everyone who took part in this Wall Hanging Challenge will have the chance to own it. I think 'creativegranny' will have to ask her dear Husband to pick a name out of the hat!  It certainly is a beauty!
 I absolutely love it.

I've made a Slide Show for our first 'Freeform Challenge!'


Created with flickr slideshow.




Thank you 'creativegranny' and thanks to our 'SIBOLETTES' who took part!

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. an absolutely gorgeous and unique blanket by some very talented ladies

    ReplyDelete