Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 1 February 2013

Challenge Squares arrive from South Africa.

Good evening and welcome to 'SIBOL',

I have had some Challenge Squares arrive today from 'cromad' (RAV) who lives in South Africa. I am so
pleased you have taken part in our SIBOL CHALLENGES. Your Crocheted Squares are very interesting.

We have quite a lot of Challenges taking place at the moment and they are all on our Challenge Blog here's the link. Please feel free to take part. My address is available by email Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I was asked a few days ago 'What's the difference between Stash Squares and Challenge Squares?'
I will explain.

From my recent visits to homes the Elderly find our Blankets real talking points especially out 'themed' Blankets. Ones in the past have been for example Faces, Sun, Farm, Spring, Children, Easter, Christmas etc., I invite Ladies to send me Crocheted or Knitted Squares with a particular theme in mind. At the moment we have  Transport theme, Gardening, Fruit & Veg, War, Marie Curie (Daffodils), What a Wonderful World, Butterfly and many more in progress. These are for  our special Challenges.

So Squares arrive at my home and I assemble them in to the 'themed Challenge' Blankets.

I also require 'Stash Squares'. Many Ladies do not have time to meet deadlines for the Challenge ones, so they Knit or Crochet 6" Squares of any Pattern. These can be made in any colour and don't particularly have
any requirements except that they must all be 6". These can be made when-ever you like and sent to me.
This is a good way of trying out a new pattern.

Let's take a look at cromads' Squares now.

cromad (South Africa) Thank you!


cromad has made for instance........

A Butterfly Square for our special 'Butterfly Challenge' (top right).
Pattern: Stained Glass Crochet Butterfly Square by Papillion Gold.

A Leaf Square for our 'Leaves Challenge'.
Pattern: Falling Leaves Faux Freeform by Donna Kay Lacey.

A Sun Square for our 'What a Wonderful World' Challenge (top left).
Pattern: African Sun by Edith E. Smith.

A Daffodil Square for our 'Marie Curie' Challenge.
Pattern: Anne Halliday Square No. 76 of 99 Floral Motifs.

A Star Fish for our 'Underwater' Challenge.
Pattern: Smoothfox Star Fish by Donna Mason-Suara.

These Squares have been made beautifully and it is a pleasure to receive them. Thank you also for enclosing the details about the Squares, this will be really helpful to others.

Thank you so much cromad for sending them to me. Very much appreciated.  I am so pleased you enjoyed making them for SIBOL.


Created with flickr slideshow.


ViewLogo

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment