Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 7 February 2013

Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge Daffodil Blanket 3/9

Good Afternoon,

I am so....excited to be popping in to SIBOL this afternoon because I had a parcel arrive this morning from mandas challenges here in the UK and inside was a gorgeous Daffodil Blanket.  mandas challenges had tried  out a pattern which was designed by theemuts over on RAVERLY. After having a go at the Square she completely got 'hooked' on them and before she knew it  she had 23 before her eyes. Making that many she decided to make the 25 for a Daffodil Blanket and this is what she has come up with.

A gorgeous Daffodil Blanket mandas challenges. Thank you so much!


Isn't it gorgeous! It's a beautiful Square and I am very grateful to theemuts for allowing the SIBOLETTES to use her pattern. It's nice to use different background colours to see how the Square changes but still keeping the yellow of the Daffodil. I absolutely love it and this has saved me from collecting 25 Squares!



Created with flickr slideshow.


mandas challenges also made these pretty Squares.

mandas challenges 'Marie Curie Cancer Care Daffodil Challenge' Thank you!


Another Daffodil Square and  an Owl Square. I'm sorry we have finished the Owl Blanket now, but if it's okay with you I will keep the Square for the future. The Owl design is one of mandas own designs.

Owl Square. Thank you!



I'm so grateful to theemuts for designing the Daffodil Square and also to mandas challenges for a wonderful Blanket which will be donated to one of the 9 Marie Curie Cancer Care Hospices throughout the country.

Thanks for visiting today!

ViewLogo

x Sue x


1 comment:

  1. These patterns are wonderful! I found you from a link on the Bunny Mummy blog, which I arrived at from The Green Dragonfly blog. Love serendipity, don't you?

    I am wondering if you would be willing to make one small change in wording: Here in Canada, I have worked in care homes, a hospital (as an admin), for a non-profit (social-work-based), also as an admin, and have provided care for elders on a private basis. I have come to dislike the word 'elderly' for its negative connotations. I often challenge people to come up with one word that is related to 'elderly' and has a positive meaning. So far, I have heard none. Now, 'elder', on the other hand, connotes wisdom, experience, something to contribute to the the community and more . . . I would rather make blankets for 'elders' than for 'the elderly'. And yes, I recognize that a few elders meet the current meaning of 'elderly'; those with dementia, for instance. (I have cared for a few with dementia and currently have an aunt affected by it.) But even they are demeaned by the term; now this is my opinion, of course, and if you don't agree with me, it won't cause me to stop following you or supporting what you do to make a positive difference in the world. I do recognize that language is my own particular soapbox at times and I don't expect the rest of the world to climb on board with me. However, I feel a calling to speak up on some issues and this is one of them. Thanks for listening. ~ Linne

    ReplyDelete