Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 24 January 2014

Colourful Blankets arrive!

Good afternoon and welcome!

I am very pleased to be showing you two fantastic Blankets today. They have arrived from Jayne and 'jessiebonbon'.

The first one has been made by 'jessiebonbon' over on RAVELRY. It's called 'Rainbow Blanket' and it is made from scraps of yarn. What a fantastic idea! We all have odd bits of yarn in our Stash that could be used this way. I do hope 'jessiebonbon' has inspired you to do something similar! It certainly is a very colourful Blanket and I know that an Elderly person is going to love the colours in this Blanket.

626 'jessiebonbon' RAVELRY. Thank you for 'Rainbow Blanket'.


Butterflies used on 'Rainbow Blanket' were sent in by Jayne.

002



001


003


004



A great border finishes it off too! What a gorgeous Blanket.

Thank you very much indeed 'jessiebonbon'.


Secondly, I would like to thank Jayne for donating a Blanket to 'SIBOL'. This one has been finished off with a couple of tiny Butterflies I had in my Stash and I also found some Red Ribbon which compliments her Blanket really well I think. Only a few colours have been used in this Blanket but I'm sure you will agree they all co-ordinate so well.

011


007


006


008


Another fantastic Blanket and gorgeous Butterflies too Jayne thank you. Great for my Stash.

005


The Blankets are coming in very quickly this year which is lovely. Although
we are NOT collecting Squares now we have some beautiful donated 'Sunshine Blankets'
all ready to go off to the Elderly which is lovely. This saves us a lot of time assembling Squares this end.

Thank you both very much indeed!

x Sue x 

No comments:

Post a Comment