Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 21 January 2014

Finished Shawl 'Squares from the States' assembled here in the UK.

Good Afternoon to you.

Although I haven't received this Shawl yet made by 'silver surfer' she has sent me a photo. 
The Squares were sent to me from the States by lynnes222 and and 'silver surfer' has very kindly
assembled them for me into a Shawl.  The Granny  Shawl is from a pattern by Shirley Syfrett.  I think one
of the Ladies on Loving Hands first of all tried it out and 'silver surfer' told me about it.

The pattern was in an old copy of Crochet World (April 2010) and I managed to purchase a copy on EBAY from the States. Inititally I did suggest making Shawls with Squares and that's why I tried to get hold 
of a copy but of course please feel free to make a Shawl in whatever pattern you like Crocheted or Knitted.

Let's take a look at it.

Shawl made by Pat

I can imagine this laying on an Elderly persons shoulders. I'm sure it would be very warm and colourful to brighten their day!

Thank you both very much.

Why not join us?
Make a Shawl for the Elderly.

www.sibolchallenges.blogspot.com
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net


No comments:

Post a Comment