Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 11 January 2014

Ideals for Shawls and new 'Sunshine Blankets' arrive today!

Good morning to you all!

Thank you very much for popping in to the 'SIBOL' Blog.

As you know I have suggested making Shawls for the Elderly. I thought this might be a good idea as it will be something different for our Group to try and also of course give warmth to an Elderly person. The Ladies over on RAVELRY  think that it's a good idea so I'm really pleased. Please don't go to the trouble of buying new yarn just make it in whatever you have in  your stash. I just thought it might be nice to enclose a few in with our Blankets when I go out on my Deliveries.

Some ideas are as follows:

Ann C has contributed this pattern for a Granny Shawl 



DK yarn, 4mm hook, UK terms
Row 1 : make magic circle. Ch3 then TR2 Ch1 TR3 into circle. Ch3, turn. Pull up magic circle firmly.
Row 2 : TR2 in the same stitch as turning chain. Ch1 (TR3 Ch1 TR3) in to centre chain space. Ch1 TR3 in to third ch of the turning chain from previous row. Ch3, turn.
Row 3 : TR2 in the same stitch as turning chain. Ch1 TR3 i. each chain space to centre. Ch1 (TR3 Ch1 TR3) in centre chain space. Ch1 TR3 in each chain space to end. Ch1 TR3 in to third ch of the turning chain from previous row.
Repeat Row 3 until shawl is desired size.

We've also had some other Links.






Initially I was thinking of making the Shawls with 6" Squares.
4 x 11.  Maybe a pocket added for tissues?

Ladies on RAVELRY have become very excited about making Shawls and we've had ideas for Shawls with Sleeves in to which really are 'shrugs'. I honestly don't mind any type. 
If You have any nice patterns please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you.

I have been asked whether we are still making 'Sunshine Blankets'. Of course we are. I'm just trying something different here to make our Group more interesting. Why not join us over on RAVELRY?

I had some lovely 'Sunshine Blankets' arrive yesterday from Liztelf and MarilynJG thank you both so much. Both Blankets are ideal for Men.
Let's take a look at them now.

This one has been sent in by MarilynJG. Love the blues in this one and such a pretty border. We are in need of Blankets for Men so please feel free to make them in Men's colours.
001
004

005


Liztelf made and donated 'Woodland Wandering' an ideal Blanket for a Man don't you think?
Superb flat braiding once  again Liz. Colours perfect too.

002


003

006
I'm very grateful to you both for the time spent making them. I shall take them out on my next deliveries. Thank you.

Well I think that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by. 

x Sue x 


Sunday.

Two Blankets made for Elderly Relatives by 'cosseted'

She wants me to count them in to our totals.
Thank you.
614 'cosseted ' Marion made and donated her own Blanket for Elderly relatives. Wanted me to count it in.  Thank you!


615 'cosseted' Marion made and donated  this Blanket for an Elderly relative. She wants me to count it in.


Superb Blankets.

x Sue x 

No comments:

Post a Comment