Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 5 January 2014

The first Blankets to arrive in the New Year!

Good Morning,

I had a bumper delivery yesterday and today I've been taking photos to share with you.

First of all I have had these 'Sunshine Blankets' arrive from Sally.  Sally is always so good
assembling Squares for us. I picked up the Squares from our 90 year old Irene and friends
before Christmas and Sally has been working ever so hard over Christmas to get them assembled.
I'm sure you will like them. They are all so different and she has finished them off with beautiful borders.  Let's take a look at them now.

608


010


607


014


606


011


605


009


604


012

603

013


Thanks ever so much Sally. You've worked really hard on these Blankets.
You must have spent a lot of time on them. Your help is very much appreciated and I know the Elderly are going to get a great deal of comfort from them.


As you can see I finish the 'Sunshine Blankets' off with our beautiful 'SIBOL' Butterflies here's the LINK if you want to try them. There is a great video tutorial on Netties Blog in Australia. I warn you they are addictive! Once you have made one you will want to make more.  I also accept Knitted Butterflies of your own pattern if you want to make some. They are always so useful and I have such fun finding one or two which compliment our Blankets.

Of course we also tie the Blankets up with Ribbon and I attach cards also. I always write the names on the card who has made and donated the Blanket and then we choose a name for the Blanket over on RAVELRY. That's an important part of the Blanket process.

The Elderly love accepting our 'Sunshine Blankets' and they will love the next two also.

I am very grateful to 'PJ' who hand delivered her 'Sunshine Blanket' last night. A knock came to my door. Mr. Twins went and answered it. He came back in and said a Blanket from 'PJ' had arrived. I'm so pleased that I managed to meet her. She had just taken her children back to Uni and was on her way back home to Hampshire.  It's so nice to actually see who makes our Blankets for the Elderly.

I'm sure you will agree her Blanket is so lovely with all the different Crocheted Squares.

609 'PJ' Paula from Hampshire Thank you! (Hand delivered).

021

020

022

Absolutely beautiful thank you very much.

It's so nice to receive 'Sunshine Blankets' and everyone's personality shines through on their work.
'SIBOL' is a place where we can be creative and practice our Knitting and Crocheting Skills and work for the Elderly too.  The next Blanket is from uomalley over on Ravelry. This is a Knitted Blanket  which has been knitted in one piece and it's absolutely stunning.  Her Blog if you want to pop over is here on the LINK. She can tell you more about the Blanket.

It's called 'Bouquet Blanket'.
What a great name thank you!

610 'Bouquet Blanket' made and donated by uomalley. Thank you! It's gorgeous.

017

016

019

Such pretty Flowers and I love the Knitted bow!


I have added some Butterflies and uomalley has very kindly added her own Ribbon which finishes it off so well. I am very grateful for the Ribbon you have donated to our project thank you. I am often asked what size Ribbon  do we require. Well I use just over a metre on our 'Sunshine Blankets' but I'm also very grateful for some pieces you might have. These can be used for attaching the cards to the Blankets.

Well what a delivery yesterday! 
I do hope you have enjoyed looking  at the different designs and I hope they have inspired you to pick up your Knitting Needles and Crocheting Hook and make a Blanket for our Elderly.

If you have enjoyed looking at the 'SIBOL' Blog, why not join our Group over on RAVELRY.
Here's the LINK.

More details about the requirements for our Blankets are on here.
SIBOL CHALLENGES.

I would like to thank everyone from Loving Hands. It's so nice to be able to say hello by email to new Ladies. Please spread the word to your friends about our work.

We always welcome new friends.

A big thank you to Sally. Una and PJ.
Thanks to you for stopping by!

x Sue x 


Friday's Squares.

Thank you Irene and Pat.

002

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blankets each and every one. Hopefully there will be more coming your way, through the knit a block challenge. :)
    http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/knit-block-week-up-and-running.html

    ReplyDelete