Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 28 August 2012

Busy Tuesday!

Hi everyone!

Yes a busy Tuesday with lots to show you.

First of all I had a Heart Square arrive from Bev here in the UK. This really is an usual filet Square. It's nice to try something different and this is going to look great in our next Heart blanket.

Thank you so much Bev.

Bev (UK) Your Heart Square has arrived! Thank you!


I also had a visit from pippa and her husband this morning which was lovely. She bought along a bag of goodies!  Some lovely ribbon from her Mother at Rowheath House which was just so....kind!

Kate (Anne's Mother) Rowheath House sent SIBOL some ribbons. How kind!


Some Squares from Grace at Rowheath House which was  also very kind of her. Grace had her arm in a brace when we visited and she was telling me how much she loved  to Crochet. I said well when you are better you are quite welcome to make us some Squares. It gives Elderly people a purpose don't you think? I was very pleased to receive these Squares. Grace has doubled up on the yarn which makes them just so lovely to squeeze!  Beautiful Squares I love them. Thank you Grace.

Grace at Rowheath House has very kindly made these Squares.


pippa also bought a beautiful Flower blanket from Linda. She met up with Linda when she was down in Devon a few weeks ago. I love the Flower centres, beautiful colours for this blanket. It really is going to make someone's day a happy one!  Thanks so much Linda.

250.Made and donated by Linda (Chalky 75 MSE) Thank you!


009


008


007

pippa has been helping me with 'take a bag' too. She very kindly made up two blankets which once again will be loved by our Elderly folk. 

Let's take a look at the first one.  What lovely fresh colours in this one!

251. Assembled by Anne. Thank you.


Thanks to everyone for these gorgeous Squares.


014


015


Squares look so different when made up. A gorgeous border finishes this one off beautifully once again!

Then this one too, thanks to everyone for sending in these pretty Squares. Thanks to pippa for helping me. I do appreciate it very much!

252. Assembled by Anne (pippa) Thank you!


Thanks to everyone that contributed Squares for this blanket.


017


016


A very colourful Tuesday, thanks for visiting today!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment