Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 15 August 2012

'Flashy blanket' all the way from France!

Good morning everyone!

The postman came early this morning and in my porch I found a parcel. It had come from Notre-Atelier on RAVELRY.  What did I find inside? A beautiful blanket for 'SIBOL' it's called 'Flashy blanket' because of it's bright colours. Notre-Atelier has doubts about the colours whether they would be suitable for an Elderly person. Well last week when Anne and myself went to the sheltered acccommodation the Elderly were especially drawn to the bright colours so please.......don't worry. They will love this blanket.

It is so different from our usual blankets, Notre-Atelier has used the 'mile-a-minute' pattern. It is available on You Tube here. It doesn't really matter how you make a blanket, please use whatever pattern you like as long as it's roughly the size we require which is 36 to 38" wide.

Notre-Atelier also made two butterflies to go with this blanket and also 6 butterflies in pink and white which are simply beautiful. Thank you so much too for the pretty ribbon you wrapped the blanket up in.

I also received two gifts from Notre-Atelier, a beautiful crocheted case and a pretty flower garland. The case for my birthday yesterday. What a sweet Lady you are thank you so much for everything.

I am very grateful for the time spent making this blanket for our Elderly folk Notre-Atelier and I am so glad you have enjoyed this pattern so much.  Why not have a go? It works up so quickly.

I'm sure you are longing to see the photos here they are, and thank you Notre-Atelier!

232. 'Flashy blanket' from Katou (France). Thank you!




Katou has made a beautiful blanket for 'SIBOL' using 'mile-a-minute'. Isn't it good?


These three colours are superb together!


Absolutely stunning, thank you so much Katou! 002


A great selection of pink and white butterflies.


A special gift for my birthday yesterday. A granny square crocheted case :) and a beautiful flower garland for my conservatory. I am a lucky girl! Thank you!



Beautiful blanket thank you so much Notre-Atelier!

x Sue x

1 comment: