Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 25 August 2012

Butterflies are always needed !

Hi everyone!

This 'SIBOL' Blog is red hot! We have had such a lot to show you lately!

Please go back previous posts as we have a lot of blankets to show you.

Can I remind you if you have spare yarn in your stash, why not make some  Butterflies for 'SIBOL'. We use Butterflies to decorate our blankets and with the amount of blankets we are making and giving out to the Elderly we need to keep our Stash up. 

Here's the link to my friend Nettie in Australia.  A couple of years ago she made this great video tutorial and we started making them for our blankets. They really are easy peasy! It's a great way to use those odd bits of yarn up.

Let's take a look at 'creativegranny's' Butterflies received today!

Butterflies for our Stash! Thank you!


You can label your Butterflies if you want to. Your name and where you live. The Elderly in the homes  loved choosing their favourite coloured Butterfly and they certainly were talking points for them.

CHALLENGE UP-DATE SQUARES STILL NEEDED ARE:-


2OOth BLANKET (4)

Musical (10)

Irish Rose (5)

Heart (1) Bev's on the way thanks

Snowman (7)

Owl (2)

Faces (14)

Higher numbers are desperately needed.
All details are on SIBOL CHALLENGES.


The link to my magazine clear out is here.

Have fun! Plenty to keep you busy over the Bank Holiday here in the UK. Thank you!

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link Sue. I had a quick go and although I made one or two minor miscalculations!!! I think my first butterfly is indeed a success. I will try and do a few for you and send them along. xx

    ReplyDelete