Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 30 September 2012

Busy day here at 'SIBOL'.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for stopping by.  I have such beautiful Blankets and Squares to show you,  I do hope you will go back previous posts to catch up.

I would first of all like to thank everyone that supports the 'SIBOL' project. The Squares that I receive from all over the World are just the best. Simply amazing! I know I say it quite a lot but I am terribly grateful to everyone that takes part. Without you we couldn't make these stunning Blankets. Our Blankets are all so unique. We enjoy donating them to the Elderly in the UK which is terribly important but  we also belong to a really special Group 'SIBOL'. 'SIBOL' is a place where we can practice our Crocheting and Knitting Skills, meet friends and generally have a chit chat!  So why not join us over on RAVELRY?

At the moment I am not really accepting 'Stash Squares' because I am trying to get down the bags that I have here. I feel I must do this before I accept anymore. One of these days I will do a Square count, I would love to know myself how many Squares we have actually received now and made into Blankets. Of course we also have beautifully donated Blankets too which I am always very happy to accept from you.

I have a lot to show you, I have spent all afternoon up-dating  the 'SIBOL'  website. Would you mind scrolling down and reading the previous posts to catch up?

We have had some really gorgeous Daffodil Squares for our Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge and I am so pleased that you think making Blankets with Daffodils is a good idea. My aim is to donate 9 Daffodil Blankets to the 9 Hospices up and down the Country. With your help I know we can do it.

So let's start looking at the Squares and Blankets I have received over the last few days.

I have received some Squares from 'tintocktap'. Thank you so much for these pretty Squares. Two Squares for our 'Irish Rose' Challenge which has now ended, three Squares for our 'Daffodil Squares' and five for our Stash. Simply beautiful.

'tintocktap' thank you for these Squares!


I have made a Slide Show for you 'tintocktap'.


Created with flickr slideshow.
 
Thank you!
 
 
I'm also very pleased to receive Squares from new 'SIBOLETTE's'.
This one has come in from Gina.
Welcome to 'SIBOL'!
 
Gina has very kindly made a beautiful Daffodil Square. I love this Square. It's so nice to
see everyone's personality shining through. Love the colours used and I love the lines of stitching around the Daffodil. We certainly are going to have some beautiful Blankets for this Challenge.
 
'Gina' Thank you for your 'Daffodil Square'. I love it.
 
I'm so pleased you took part Gina, thank you!
 
Next we come to Jennifers' Squares.
 
We are having a 'Freeform Challenge' over on RAV, why not take part?
We are inviting Ladies to make a 6" (15cms) Freeform Square. 'creativegranny' is
going to make an item which will be raffled next year amongst everyone who took part. It will be
really interesting to see what Squares we come up with.
 
Jennifer has very kindly sent in her 'Freeform Square'. I think this one is so appropriate because 'Butterflies' are rather like a trademark here on 'SIBOL'.  This Square has been made in such wonderful colours and I know my Mother would love this one. Purple and Green are her favourites!
 
Jennifer (Scotland) Thank you for the Squares.
 
 
A gorgeous Daffodil Square for our Marie Curie Cancer Care Blankets and some sparkly Butterflies, so pretty! I am very grateful to you Jennifer, many thanks.
 
Sit back now I have made a Slide Show for you!
 
 

Created with flickr slideshow.
 
 
 
Well I think I have loaded up everything that I have received now. As I have said you will need to scroll down because there is a lot to see.
 
I do hope these posts have inspired you to make a Daffodil Square or a Freeform one.
 
Any queries about Squares or Blankets please contact me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
 
In closing may I thank everyone for the beautiful Squares and Blankets that come in daily. 'SIBOL' is quite hard work keeping everything up to date on a daily basis. Up-dating Flickr and the Blogs is no easy job.  But I do enjoy every minute. Apart from taking photos I do crochet! I am finishing off the 200th Blanket now, I only have the border to do on it now. I am so pleased with that one too. It certainly is going to be a special Blanket with my Grandmother as inspiration. Thank you!
 
 x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. beautiful squares and the blanket in yellow and other color is wonderful,love that one very much...it is a gorgeous blanket,perfect combination. :D

    ReplyDelete