Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 24 September 2012

Challenge Squares to make us smile!

Good Morning!

What a miserable day today. It's pouring of rain and really miserable. Let's find something to make us smile. Let's think of Daffodils, Spring and Music!

I am about a week late showing you these Squares from joyce28 I do apologise. As you know I have recently put up a Challenge for Marie Curie Cancer Care. I am inviting you all to make 6" (15cms) Squares Knitted or Crocheted with Daffodils as a theme. I would like to try and make some Blankets for their Hospices. There are 9 altogether in the UK, and I thought wouldn't it be nice to give them one each. Let's see if we can collect enough. Please search Google, books, magazines and also follow these wonderful links from Luna and Debi  in the States and let's see if we can make some interesting Daffodil Squares. Or of course create your own!

joyce28 has already very kindly made 3 Daffodil Squares, let's take a look at them. Knitted Squares aren't they just lovely?

joyce28 'Daffodil Challenge' Thank you!


Really lovely Squares joyce28 thank you. Very interesting and great colours.
I also received some Squares for our 'Snowman Challenge'.

'Snowman Challenge'


Such wonderful designs and will be great for our Snowman Blanket Joyce!

I really needed some Music Squares and joyce28 very kindly made these. 

The top one as you can see straight away is a Square with 'The Beatles' in mind.  The second is the top of a Guitar -  the bit with the twiddly knobs on for tightening the strings. Just wonderful ideas thank you so much joyce28.

'Musical Challenge'.


You have come up with some wonderful Squares thank you very much.

joyce28 also offered to make up a bag of Squares for me. I am very pleased to be showing you now the finished blanket which I received with the Challenge Squares. The Squares in this Blanket are amazing! I really love the variety and indeed the combination of colours.

Thanks joyce28 for assembling. Thanks to everyone for contributing Squares.



I've made a Slide Show sit back and enjoy!


Created with flickr slideshow.

Such a pretty Blanket. Thank you so much Joyce for giving me a hand assembling and also for the beautiful Squares.

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment