Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 20 September 2010

Squares and Butterflies fly in from the UK! / Help needed for one of our SIBOLETTES!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a nice weekend. It's such a lovely day here today in the UK. Sun is shining and it's lovely out in the garden.  Middle of September too! Can't be bad.

BrendaS2 (my very best friend of over 10 years)  very kindly sent me some Squares today and they are just so pretty.  For the 'Jan Eaton' Challenge she chose No. 24 'Italian Cross'.  For the Square she chose to make it up in Red, Pink and the centre has Navy.  These three colours are just lovely together. Our labels seem to be getting popular on SIBOL because Brenda very kindly labelled the Square up for me following other Ladies I think.   At least I won't be getting them mixed up. All the Squares Brenda sent to me are just lovely.I particularly like the pastel coloured ones. You'll see them in a minute in Brendas' Slide Show.

BrendaS2's Square for our 'Jan Eaton' Challenge. Love the pink with the red. Tiny bit of Navy in the centre!....>

Brenda also made some beautiful Butterflies she thought they would be useful to me. They certainly will be! Thank You! The Butterflies are the same ones that I make and if you want to pop over to Nettie you will see a wonderful video-tutorial she has showing.

Pretty collection of Butterflies.

Brenda, have you a nice cup of tea ready? Are you ready for your Slide Show? Sit back and enjoy and many, many thanks!









Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Aren't they just the loveliest Squares? I love them thanks so much Brenda and of course for  the beautiful Butterflies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have said before there is such a lot of work to do when I receive the Squares. I email the sender,  I label them up, I take photos, I make a visual record on Flickr, I add the names to my 'square book'.  I make the Slide shows for SIBOL.  Then the 'little beauties' have a well deserved rest after their mammoth journey across the world (lucky for some!). Then they get sorted into  piles.   They sit patiently chatting to their Friends (let's hope they understand them!) and wait until they can be made in to SIBOLS! Then once made into a SIBOL, they wait again until they can be sent to their 'final home' (the Nursing Home).  When this happens as I found out a few weeks ago they are really well received and this just makes it all so worthwhile. 

It's not only the process that I enjoy but it is also receiving your emails.  In particular one I received yesterday. Do you remember these Squares a few days ago?

Thank You so much for your SIBOL Squares, they are all lovely!

They have been sent by 'Tinka'.  Flickr her User Name is 'ATheeC' from Belgium.  Tinka was telling me how SIBOL has inspired her to pick up her hook again after 15 years! Can you believe that? I was just so  interested in her mail and her comments too on Flickr that she kindly left me.   

Tinka has given me permission to show you the comments she wrote on Flickr to me.  I thought you'd be really interested in 'her story'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tinka said.......
Ha! It's great to see my squares on your seat! They were so much fun to make. Thanks to SIBOL I started crochetting again after 15 years!
I geuss I just needed the right motivation to start with it again :) I found this SIBOL photostream a day before I left for my vacation at the coast and I loved the idea so I took my hook and some yarn along , I didn't crochet that much at the coast...the weather was TO good , but after all I came home with some finished squares. My 2 daughters saw me crochetting and wanted to learn it too! Youngest of 17 started with her own granny square blanket and finished 20 squares meanwhile.Eldest (23 ) is learning slowly because she is left handed and I said I could only show it to her how a right handed crochets...she is still struggling with her first square but she is determined to finish it !

I just thought this was so nice I wanted to share it with you. Here's a Lady who hasn't done any crocheting for 15 years and after seeing our SIBOL Blog decided to pick up her hook again! Not only did she enjoy the Crocheting but her two daughters wanted to learn too!  I thought that was lovely.  I'd be really pleased to receive some Squares from your Daughters even if it was just one!

I was telling her about Kimbles and her daughter, and there are many more Mothers and Daughters who crochet for SIBOL too! 

Now this is where you come in....... 

Can anyone help with Dutch patterns? Does any one have the graphic patterns? I have passed on pertinitacos Flickr address because she has some on her Flickr site and also Karin in the Netherlands has translated patterns  on her blog too. I mentioned to Tinka that I would ask you all.

Now Tinkas Flickr User Name is ATheeC.  If you aren't on Flickr leave me your email address in the comments box and ATheeC will contact you herself.  I would be so grateful.

I do hope you can help Tinka. Thank you.

I'll say bye for now and thanks again.

4 comments:

  1. The squares and butterflies are wonderful!

    Sorry, I don't have Dutch patterns. There's only one on my blog.
    I'm a big fan of Jan Eaton's book and Ravelry and that's English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to all of you here in the Sibol...I haven't forget the Sibol ,just busy with my mom.Having fun with her for these 4 months.
    The squares are beautiful,love them all.Wishing to all of you a wonderful week.

    Hugs....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how lovely are those squares, and butterflies! What a beautiful story of picking up the hook after 15 years AND sharing your love of craft with your daughters. Thanks for sharing this story.

    Mrs Twins, I am going to tag my squares from now on. Brenda, what a great idea to save a few minutes for this very special lady in our lives.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. I found the Jan Eaton book on Amazon but it's 16€ without postal costs and then I still don't know if I would understand the description of the patterns. Karin I saw your beautiful site, very inspiring!
    I have a lot of fun crocheting again, I'm now experimenting with granny squares with a twist.
    Sue, I will convince youngest to make at least 1 square for SIBOL! ( I'm not sure about eldest, the first square is still not finished, but I will motivate her!)

    ReplyDelete