Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 8 September 2010

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 28! 'Blue and White 4).

Hi Everyone!

I'm very pleased to tell you that I have finished SIBOL No. 28 which is the fourth 'Blue and White' Blanket. I hope you like it as much as the others.

I've had great fun making it once again. So many Blue and White Squares came in and I still have three more to do! But this one was made last weekend. I started it Saturday while Mr. Twins went up to Scotland and by the Sunday evening it was assembled and bordered up! So I was very pleased to show him when he got home.


The Squares have just been absolutely amazing and I am very grateful to you all.  Please bear with me if you haven't seen your Square yet for this theme. As I say there are others! I'm afraid it looks rather like the others, the reason being I still have lots of white yarn to use up and I thought I must use it before buying anymore.  As long as we have a reasonable Blanket at the end that's the main thing.

Thank you to everyone who have sent me 'Blue and White' Squares, without  you I couldn't make the Blankets. I appreciate your help very much.

Here's SIBOL 28's 'Slide Show'.





If you go back a couple of posts and read what Charlotte wrote about her own 'Jan Eaton' Blanket.  You'll probably have read that I thought of making a 'Jan Eaton' SIBOL Blanket.  I was greatly inspired by Charlotte and I want to thank you for your great post. 

I thought why not make a 'Jan Eaton' Blanket for the Elderly.  Now do you have her book? '200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans?'. If you do........

1.  Turn to the front of the book where there is a Block Directory.
2.  Choose one  Block between the numbers 1 to 25.
3.  When you have chosen a Block, email me and let me know which number you are going to make.
     sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
4.   I will then add it to the list on the SIBOL Side bar (at the top).
5.   When the Block is made send it to my home address (on request).

      When I  have 25 Blocks (Squares) out of the Jan Eaton book. I will make them into a                       
      'Sunshine Blanket' for the Elderly.
      When we have made the Blanket we will do another Blanket using the Blocks 25 to 5O.

I thought this might be fun!

I hope you will join in!

9 comments:

  1. oh I love it, what beautiful blankets these are in blue and white. How awesome, you could well hit the 40 mark before November with all the squares you have coming in. I hope your hooking hand is up to it. We are all keeping you very busy.

    Unfortunately at the moment, I don't have Jan Eaton's book, but I will continue to sent in my basic squares. I look forward to seeing these come together also. How lovely they are going to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. put me down for 18 Sue. Ilove your challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow another blue and white blanket they are so beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Sue this blanket is beautiful just as the others. I love the blue and white combination. You always come with wonderful pieces of art.
    I absolutely love the idea of a Jan Eaton's book blanket, it is brilliant. I email you with my chosen square.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sue - these blankets are still conitnuing to look beautiful. Sorry I've not been here sooner - I am still catching up on blog posts in my Google Reader from my holidays - there's a lot to catch up on!!!!

    Ruth
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing, beatufil, wonderful, gorgeous, fantastic, lovely!!!!

    I do not have more vocabulary for your beautiful task

    lots of kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic blanket Sue!
    You're the best blanketmaker in the world!
    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful blanket Sue, Congrats! Sent my squares off to you today, including my no.16 for the Jan Eaton blanket.

    Happy Hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sue~! The blue and white challenge has produced some really pretty blankets! Great work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete