Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 30 September 2010

Squares arrive from Australia and New Zealand!

Hello Everyone!

Well it's  a better day here in the UK, the sun has actually brightened everything up now!

I'm so pleased to be popping in to show you some great Squares that I have received today from
Aussie Maria  (Australia) and Alice & Raymond (New Zealand).

Well fancy that you were both flying the same way over to the UK! It's such a pleasure to receive your Squares this morning.  Great too that you have taken part in our Challenges.

Maria thank you for your Squares.  I just love the varigated yarn you have used. It's lovely. The Christmas Squares have come up lovely using it. There is something about red, green and white isn't there? So Christmasy! Also a great Square for our Bonfire Challenge and then a lovely white one too. I am so grateful to you.

Such wonderful varigated yarn! Look at these Christmasy colours! Love it!



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Thanks Maria, I hope you enjoyed looking at your Squares!

Next we have Alice and Raymond from New Zealand. Golly our Squares for SIBOL do travel! If you add up all the miles these little beauties do, unbelieveable. No wonder why they  need a bit of a rest!  Your Squares are lovely Alice and Raymond it is really nice of you to make such pretty Squares. I do love the Flower ones, but hey I love them all!

Such pretty Flower Squares!

I'm very pleased to be making you your Slide Show Alice and Raymond enjoy! Thanks for the Squares! Gorgeous.



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Thank you both for the beautiful Squares.

Well 30th September has arrived. Our deadline dates for the Challenges. We have the 'Jan Eaton' one still open if anyone wants to choose a block.  Hopefully, our Challenges will start again next year. I will do my best now to make up some more blankets ready for November. 

The 'Strawberry and Cream' theme should be next, but I am thinking I will do the Bonfire ones and then Christmas as it's approaching that time of year. Thank You all for your wonderful support on these Challenges. I know from emails I get everyone is enjoying them so....much!

I know you can't wait for the next Challenges to begin.  I know it's hard, but I'm sure there will be plenty of Christmas Crocheting going on now to keep you busy. If you still want to send the odd Square that is fine, but as I say the Challenges apart from the Jan Eaton one have now ended.  If you have Squares in the post don't worry. You know it takes me a while to get through these Challenges my end.

I've absolutely loved making the Sunshine Blankets, The Flower Blankets, The Blue and Whites are NOW FINISHED!!! Yippee.  If there is any odd Blue and Whites that are not in the Blankets this is because there isn't enough to make up another one. So I will use them in the Men's coming up.

My Ta - Dah will be tomorrow!

As I'm just posting this today, I see that Manda's Challenges have given you 'a Challenge' Please take part! Thank you for this! I have to do the Bonfire ones first, so if you want to have a go please don't worry!

Also Isolde, you are a tease!  I'll be looking forward to these Squares too!  Thanks for the great post!

Bye for now......

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I so aDORe all your new squares. I just can't seem to find the time to keep up lately. Trying to get outside as much as I can... you know what's right around the corner here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh fabulous squares ladies and a taa dah post on the horizon! can't wait.... :0)
    enjoy the mystery challenge fully customisable hehe you should recieve the mystery squares tomorrow hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I must have piggy-backed on Alice's mail or does it fly the other way ☺
    They look so much nicer in the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you both arrived together!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,I would love to make some squares to help your charity.Can you let me know what to do.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete