Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 19 August 2011

Please pop in and see our Jan Eaton Ta - Dah! 82. Also Olympic Squares from the UK!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Ooh where do I start today? All this excitement is just too much! 

This morning I have received amazing Squares from joyce28 here in the UK, and  I also have my 82nd Ta - Dah to show you.  I think we have got to start with our latest Squares.

Now if you go to our Challenge blog you will see I am running an Olympic Challenge. We are making a special one off Blanket to celebrate London 2012 Olympics.  I am inviting Ladies from  all over the World to take part in this special Challenge.  You will need to go to the Challenge blog  and read our instructions. But basically I am inviting you to send me 6" Crocheted or Knitted Squares with the Olympics 2012 in mind. Now you may like to make the Flag of your own Country, or someone elses!  You may like to Crochet or Knit a Square with one of the sporting events such as Cycling or Running. You will  have to use your imagination with this Challenge.  Now for some ideas please pop over to our Challenge blog. 

This Blanket will be rather like the Royal Wedding Blanket, it will be larger than our normal 25 Squares. The Squares will be collected by me and then I will assemble them. When the Blanket is finished next year (No deadline date as yet) the Blanket will be auctioned on Ebay.  All the proceeds will be sent off to the Alzheimer's Society here in the UK to help people with Dementia.

Do you need any inspiration? I think we better have a look at the fantastic Squares that have come in this morning  from joyce28! They are wonderful.

joyce28 (UK) Your Squares have arrived! Thank You!


joyce28 has also sent in two Squares in Deep Pink for the Knit Today Blanket I am trying to put together. Are you interested in helping? I will send you the pattern by email if you are.

The magazine were asking their readers to make Squares for 'maybe' our Charity! How wonderful is that! I'm so...pleased!


joyce28 you have worked so hard for our SIBOL Olympic Challenge. Thank you. Sit back now and enjoy looking at your Squares. I'm sure everyone else will too! Don't forget Ladies you are most welcome to join us. Pop over to the Challenge blog and read all about it.



Created with flickr slideshow.



Such wonderful Squares from joyce28 today! Thank you!

I also have to show you my 82nd Ta -Dah!  This is our Jan Eaton (3) Blanket. I had such fun making this Blanket up, the Blocks were amazing. I have to thank each and everyone of you for sending your Blocks. We will be doing the next 25 Squares, but first I have to get down my present Challenges.

I'm sure you will want to have a look now.

Here it is Jan Eaton (3). SIBOL 82.

25 Ladies took part in this Jan Eaton (3) Blanket, thank you very much!








Would you like to see the previous two Jan Eaton Blankets? Here they are!
Jan Eaton (2) SIBOL 60.
SIBOL 60! We've hit the Big 60! 'Jan Eaton 2'. Thanks to everyone who has contributed Squares for this Challenge. .....> Blocks 26 - 50.


Jan Eaton (1) SIBOL 45.
Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 45! Jan Eaton (1). 'Please add note if you see your Square! :)


We have now between us made 75 Blocks out of the Jan Eaton 200 Block Book. What fun! Thank you so much!  I told you it was an exciting day! Thank you so much joyce28 for the wonderful Squares and thanks to all the Ladies who have taken part in our 3rd Jan Eaton Challenge.

I bet you are wondering how on earth I manage to keep track of all these Squares? I honestly don't know! I do somehow and I am enjoying every minute. I hope you are too!

Here's wishing you a wonderful hooky weekend!

Bye for now

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, God continues to bless your soul, I see that your project continues, fabulously perform your blankets, with beautiful colors that come at you from every direction and you pass with love! hugs, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue you are a crochet machine at te moment! I have wrestled the computer away from my son to come say hi. Bring on back to school. The pictures are fantatic. Really well done.

    ReplyDelete