Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 23 August 2011

Squares from the Netherlands and UK today!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

A beautiful afternoon here in the UK. The sun is shining and it's glorious. So hot outside on our patio this afternoon.

I am very pleased to be showing you three sets of Squares today which have arrived at my home.

The first set is from hieke in the Netherlands.  hieke has really taken on board our Challenges and I'm very pleased to be showing you what she has made. There are quite a few so I have made a Slide Show for you all. But I do want to point this one out for our Olympic Blanket. This is the Logo for the London 2012 Olympics. What a fantastic idea hieke, how original, I love it! Thank you so much.

Yes you're right! It's the London 2012 Logo! How Brilliant is this! For our Olympic Challenge.


I would love everyone to have a go at the Olympics Challenge.  All details are over on our Challenge blog.

Here's your Slide Show hieke and thank you so much for the gorgeous Squares, I'm sure everyone will agree they are fantastic!



Created with flickr slideshow.


Our second set of Squares have come in from bonsall (UK).  bonsall you have been busy! The Squares are beautiful and there are so... many! These Squares aren't for Challenges particularly, however I am going to try and fit the bright orange, yellow and red in for our our Tropical Challenge if I have room. They remind me of Sunshine!

'Bright and Breezy' reminds me of the sun. Thank you so much for the gorgeous Squares.


I've made you a Slide Show bonsall, and thank you very much I love your Squares.



Created with flickr slideshow.


The third set are from Pippa S (UK).  I am very grateful to you Pippa for the two 'Knit Today' Squares and also the 'Textured Square'.  They are all so pretty, I love them.

Knit Today recently featured two Squares which they were inviting their readers to try making. They suggested Ladies send them to SIBOL, which I thought was extremely nice of them. So why not have a go! If you want the pattern please email me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net  I am going to try and get enough in to make a Blanket up and then send a photo off to Knit Today, so I can thank them for mentioning our Group.

Pippa S (UK) Your Squares have arrived! Thank You!


The Simple Squares are the two Squares on the right. The one on the left is a Textured Square which Pippa has sent in for our Textured Challenge.  What fun! Have a go email me!

Here's your Slide Show Pippa and thank you so much I love the three Squares received today!



Created with flickr slideshow.


I have got two finished Blankets here but I haven't had chance yet to take photos, I hope it won't be too long before you can see them.

Thank you so much Hieke, Pippa and bonsall. I am very grateful for your beautiful Squares.

Until next time,

bye.....

x Sue x

1 comment: