Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 17 August 2011

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 81!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

It's a lovely afternoon here in the UK, and I've just been outside to take some photos of our latest SIBOL!. But first of all I think I need my calculator!   Okay.......81 Blankets x 25 Squares...........2,025 Squares assembled Wow! Let's congratulate ourselves SIBOLETTES! We've clocked over 2,000 Squares!
I have to thank each and every one of you who have sent me Squares!!

I have assembled the majority of these Blankets myself, but from time to time I have had help from my SIBOLETTES, and I want to thank you very much.

Recently Jean Nock assembled 'Autumn Fields' for me, in record time I add! She made a beautiful job I just absolutely loved the Blanket when it arrived at 'Two Times'. But little did I know that while 'Autumn Fields' was on it's way to me, she was busy making more Squares and making another Blanket! Well I was amazed how kind was that! 

A few days ago the Blanket arrived and this morning I found some of Puppetystuff's pretty ribbon and made a few Butterflies to compliment Jean Nock's (2nd) Blanket. I just can't wait to show you. The Blanket is absolutely superb! Yes the Blanket comprises of Granny Squares, but just look at the colour combinations! Each Square is different and they match beautifully! Oh how excited I get!

Each Square has been made by Jean Nock. The Blanket has been assembled and sent back to me for the Elderly In Nursing Homes.


Isn't it lovely? Do you want to see more? I'm sure you do! Here we go Jean Nock, here's your very own Slide Show.






I'm sure you've enjoyed looking at this Blanket, I can't thank you enough Jean Nock.

Blanket wise myself I am now doing the border on the third Jan Eaton Blanket. I'm really pleased how it's turned out. So it won't be long before I can show you.

I have had to now close the 'Winter Wonderland' Challenge, because I have had 50 Squares arrive now for this particular Challenge. That's two Blankets, and I don't really think I shall make anymore. But.....don't worry if you are in the process of making Winter Wonderland Squares, please do send them. They can be used in other Blankets. It's nice to have White Squares to fit in here and there. Perhaps they are already on their way, please don't worry I will use them.

After I had taken some photos of Jean Nocks Blanket today. I fetched the Blankets down and took some phots outside. I'm not ready to deliver them yet, but I just thought that while I had the sunshine I would take some new photos. The Squares are all so lovely and I appreciate each and every one!  Thank you everyone and thank you Jean Nock!





Have a good afternoon everyone and thank you so much for visiting SIBOL again today!

x  Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment