Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 14 January 2011

A 'Big Thank You to SIBOLETTES!' Squares from the UK and France!

Hello Everyone!

First of all I want to show you a card I received yesterday in the post.
This card is from 'Glynis'.


Her Mother 'Alice' lives at St. Bernard's Residential Care Home. Just before Christmas I had the pleasure of meeting Alice and one of our 'Sunshine Blankets' was presented to her.

She writes in her card how the Blanket made her Mother's day, and how she is still talking about it. I also had the pleasure of speaking to Glynis on the telephone and she was saying how she absolutely loves the Squares in the Blanket, and so does her Mother of course.

This card is not only for me, but it is for all the 'SIBOLETTES' who contribute Squares to SIBOL. This project has been a massive joint effort all over the World and I would just like to thank you also.

Glynis and myself had a lovely chat, she was telling me how wonderful the home was and how much her Mother enjoys St. Bernards. Click on the link in the side bar and you will read about my visit.

It is so...nice to get a card from a family of one of the Residents. To know that our work has been appreciated is just lovely. Glynis and her family are thanking us all very much and I would just like you to know how grateful the family was. 

                                            ----------------------------------

Yesterday the light was not too good to take photographs, so I emailed the three Ladies who sent me Squares and apologised.  I promised I would have another go today. It's another miserable day but I have
managed to get some photos inside.

The first set of Squares are from my very best friend BrendaS2.  I just love the Squares she has sent. She's Knitted a Square for the 'Young At Heart' Blanket.  It's so cute, just take a look at this....

Isn't this just lovely? Square for our 'Young at Heart' Challenge. I love it BrendaS2, it's making me smile!....>

I think she's done a splendid job, the clothes are just wonderful. It made me smile so I thought I would put my Crocheted CD alongside it! The other Squares she sent to SIBOL were just as nice.  We have a Jan Eaton Square No. 41 which is 'Bobble Triangle' and also a Square for the 'Circle of Friends'.  All the Squares are beautiful thank you Brenda.

I've made you a Slide Show, enjoy!





The second set of Squares are from Joanna (UK).  She emailed me in the week and asked me whether I could use some Knitted Squares that she at home not being used.  Of course I said, 'Yes please!'.  They are so pretty, gorgeous pastel colours.  They arrived yesterday and I would like you to see them. I shall definetely be able to use them in future Blankets.

Joanna very kindly sent me these Knitted Squares which believe it or not she didn't want. 'Could SIBOL use them?' she said. 'Yes please!' said Mrs Twins!

I've made you a Slide Show Joanna, sit back and enjoy! Thank you so much for thinking of SIBOL! We love your Squares too!





The third set I received yesterday are from Steph. Please pop over to her blog and say hello. Steph has been enjoying our Challenges.  She has made two Squares for the 'Young At Heart' Blanket.  One is a wonderful 'Skipping Rope' Square and the other a beautiful 'Rainbow'. Such nice ideas once again.  She also made a Square for the 'Circle of Friends' Challenge whch has come out lovely and the other one is No. 27 Jan Eaton 'Snowy Stripes'.  Great colour combination on that one.

Yes, Karin 'Circle of Friends' can be got down to 6"! You're right, because we have succeeded!

Would you like to see Stephs' Squares?  Here they are....

Such lovely Squares Steph, thanks for joining in the Challenges!....>





They are all lovely thank you!

I was just finishing this post when the Postman arrived, rather earlier today!

Two lots of Squares have arrived.

I would like to thank Kathy in France. Please pop over to her blog and say hello to her. She has taken part in our Jan Eaton Challenge and has crocheted up No. 33 'Pretty in Pink'. Isn't this a pretty Square?



I love it, thanks for taking part Kathy.

Also four Squares from Louise in the UK.  Louise has sent two Squares for the 'Two Tone Traditional Granny Square in Green' Challenge. Beautiful Louise thank you.  Also a Square for the 'Circle of Friends' Challenge.  This is lovely too, and I just love the heart tags, so cute!  The fourth Square is No. 26 Jan Eaton 'Snowflake'. Once again we have a bit of glitter in the yarn, makes it really sparkle, how lovely!



A joint Slide Show now for Kathy and Louise, enjoy Ladies and thanks so much for the Squares!




I've had a busy post today.

Bye for now.......

4 comments:

  1. Wow - what a lot of squares today, so much beautiful work :-)

    There is a pattern for a very colourful 'Bloom blanket' in the latest issue of Inside Crochet (issue 14 February 2011) which has some lovely squares that I'm thinking of having a go at next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh super I am glad they have arrived so quickly. It was so lovely to hear how greatfully recieved the blanket was, lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Louise,
    Yes, Jessica, it's a lovely blanket.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    A true avalanche of wonderful squares!

    ReplyDelete