Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 24 January 2011

Squares from the USA and the UK!

Good Morning to everyone!

Thanks for visiting SIBOL today. I hope you all had a nice weekend.

I have some Squares come in today from The Garden Bell over in the USA. Thanks so much Kate. Kate has a fantastic blog I do hope you will pop over and say hello. The photographs she takes are just absolutely beautiful. Her blog too is just so funny!

Kate has very kindly sent me a Square for the 'Circle of Friends' and some others too, which are all just lovely. The variety of yarn has certainly made the Squares look so different. All very good colour choices. I love the Green Squares, great shades of green.

Beautiful Green Squares TGB, great patterns. I love them. Thank You!

Thanks so much for making the Squares Kate I know you have been very busy with your own Circles!

I also had some Squares sent in from 'The Girl' (UK)  'The Girl' very kindly wrote us a team blog post, I do hope you will pop back and read what she wrote. She has found that making the Squares has helped her take her mind off a few things. 'That's SIBOL for you!'.

She also has a lovely blog. Why not pop over and say hello! Her Squares are for the Two Tone Traditional Granny Square Challenge in Green.

The Girl (UK) Your Squares have arrived! Thanks so much!

I have put your Squares together in a joint Slide Show, sit back and enjoy Ladies. Many thanks.




I do hope everyone will also pop over to Sarah London's blog and help out with the Granny Square project 'Crochet a Rainbow' for Australia.  She is collecting Granny Squares and I'm sure our SIBOL visitors would love to help out. She's making the Granny Squares into Blankets for those effected by the floods.  Thank you.

Then if you still have spare yarn, why not pop over to http://thiseclecticlife.com/share-a-square-2010-faq/ and help those Children with Cancer in the USA.
Have a nice day everyone! Thanks for your continued support.

7 comments:

  1. Great squares all of them!
    I agree, I love those green shades.
    Congrats ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green blankets will be so calming. I look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I'm going to read up on the challenges and decide on some squares to send you. Have a wonderful week. Blessings. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Absolutley beautifull!! Love the darker 2 shades of green ones, looks like a "march" blanket for those cuz of St Patty day

    wonderfull job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual you always get the prettiest squares!
    Saw this morning new squares you got from Bonsall. Love them all. To me it would be like Christmas opening the packages from all over the world. Waiting to see all the beautiful squares inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is rather like that eddunsmore! But then I remember I have to start work.he.he. x I don't mind it's lots of fun!

    Thanks to all of you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad they arrived. Hope they work in some where. You know any where is just fine. Even, the trash bin...he-he..

    ReplyDelete