Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 25 January 2011

'What's Black and White and 'Red' all over? SIBOL No. 52

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to all our new Followers......

Well I've been very busy today with SIBOL.  It seems as though I have been on this computer all day! I don't mind though.  I need my Secretary here, dear Aishwarya! She's a good girl you know, she's taken care of 'Ravelry' for me. She's very professional, she really is, very quick on the mark loading up all the new Squares for me over there.  Well Singapore is a quite a few hours in front of us, so when she wakes up tomorrow she'll have some more Squares and ' a Blanket' to load up. If you haven't already  been over to Ravelry, please do.  Introduce yourself to us and have a chat, why not? The button is on the top of the page to the right. 

I have to thank you.  A BIG thank you!  For today I am showing you the 52nd Blanket.  It's called 'The Newspaper Blanket' because.....it's Black and White and 'Red' all over! ha.ha.  The Squares you have sent in for this Black and White Challenge have simply been absolutely AMAZING!! The variety has just been so wonderful.  It's always such a pleasure to see what comes in. It's a pleasure too to crochet them all up.  So can you do this in your head? Or do you need a Calculator?  52 'Sunshine Blankets' now, 25 Squares in each.  Answers at the bottom of the page! :)

Without further a do, because I have to get the tea on..... Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 52 'The Newsaper Blanket'. 

Thank you to everyone that has contribute Squares for this 'Black and White' Challenge. 'Please add note if you see your Square!'.


I told you they were beautiful Squares.  I give you a Challenge and you certainly all do your very best.

Here's the Slide Show now for 'The Newspaper Blanket'. Enjoy!






Please pop back and see previous posts.  Squares that have come in today from the UK and The Netherlands and also 'The Garden Bells Squares'  and 'The Girls' which came in a few days ago.
I wouldn't want you to miss anything.

OOh!....the answer to my Maths question is.........1,300 Squares. Did you get it right? I hope so..

Bye for now.

8 comments:

  1. It's definitely an English newspaper.
    In the Netherlands we don't have any red in it.
    But nevertheless a wonderful blanket!
    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me giggle!! Dear Karin you made me giggle even more. Warm supportive giggles. It seems our childhood joke is lost in translation. I know for sure that I wouldn't understand a single word of a joke in your language. Be assured there isvery little red in the UK papers but they are read all over!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the newspaper blanket. That use to be a joke when we were kids "what is black, white, and red all over---a newspaper". The colors are gorgeous. The red adds some excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What made me think of this is because our local weekly paper has lots of red in it!
    thanks for you comments!
    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu know I know the answer to this one. Goes way back to naming the one your made for one of the twin girls...Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1300 squares....you must be seeing stars! Fantastic!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great squares and great blanket.
    I like the name "English Newspaper"
    How much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merchy good name I will call it 'English Newspaper!'. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete