Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 15 January 2011

Squares arrive today from the UK and Belgium! Ta - Dah! SIBOL 50!!!!!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are having a nice Saturday!  I've had lots of fun this morning....Three  lots of beautiful Squares have arrived.  I bet you are longing to see them.

I am very happy to be telling you that Nicky is now one of our 'SIBOLETTES'!  She has taken part in our
'Jan Eaton Challenge' and has sent us No. 32 'Oblique Stripe'.  This is such a pretty Square. Mind you I think all the Jan Eaton Blocks are nice, I know I say that about all of them, but they are! I do hope you enjoyed your first Challenge rags4bagsFlickr.

Another beautiful colour combination....> Jan Eaton 32 'Oblique Stripe'.

Such a pretty Square thank you!  Also I received two Traditional Green Granny Squares for our other Challenge.  I'm receiving such wonderful contrasts of Green, I'm sure the Blanket will look lovely! I have made you a Slide Show Nicky I do hope you will enjoy looking at your Squares, thanks so much!





The other two sets of Squares have come from Belgium.

You will all know Tinka (ATheeC Flickr) from Belgium.  I'm very happy to receive your Squares this morning. They are beautiful! ATheeC has taken part in our Jan Eaton Challenge and has sent me No. 30 'Shell Lace', along with some others. 4 Purple, Green and Cream Squares and 2 Flower Squares.

Here they are!

ATheeC (Belgium) - Your Squares have arrived! Thank You!....>

I'm so...excited too because this morning in the same package I received Squares from AnneLinde who is Tinka's Daughter.  I'm so happy to know that she is still busy with her Crocheting.  She has recently learnt from her Mother. Isn't it nice when the Crocheting skills are passed on! Such delightful Squares AnneLinde and I'm so happy you are still enjoying SIBOL!

ATheeC's Daughter 'AnneLinde' (Belgium) Thank You!

I have made you both a combined Slide Show, enjoy your Squares and once again Thank You!






I also have a Ta - Dah! for you today. I can't believe it's SIBOL 50! 1,250 Squares I have now assembled. Thank you to everyone that has contributed. 'Liquorice Allsorts'. Thanks to rebekkas' goodies for suggesting the name today. It was also suggested for Blanket 49  by Kim and Pearly Queen, so we will use it for this one too.

This is the second 'Black and White' Blanket.  Mostly comprising of Flower Squares which are my absolute favourite themed Square. I didn't ask for Flower Squares for this Challenge particularly, they just arrived and I do hope you enjoy looking at them in this Blanket.

I have now made two Black and Whites, there are 4 altogether.

005






Welcome to everyone that has come over from Ravelry! I'm so happy that we have reached our 100 Member over there. Do pop over and say hello! Button is at the top of the SIBOL Blog. It's so nice that
our SIBOL Group is 'expanding!'.

Have a good weekend and carry on hooking!

9 comments:

  1. The squares you received are very beautiful, all of them! And blanket no. 50! Sibolettes have crocheted a lot but you, Mrs Twins, have been doing a lot of work here. Congratulations on blanket n0. 50!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove Tinka's african flower square, looks like a little white love heart in each corner. This black and white blanket is sooo nice, I especially like the yellow daisy centre. I'm looking forward to seeing the next blankets to come. Wow, 50 is half a century!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful squares from all three wonderful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic set of squares - so many seem to be coming in at the moment! I love this latest blanket - the black and white theme is really striking and you've put it together beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on 50 blankets! what an achievement 8D

    ReplyDelete
  6. 50 blankets!!!
    Congratulations Sue, what a fantastic work!

    Number 50 is wonderful, as well as the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 50 Blankets....How fantastic!!! I am holding off my posting for a couple of days because my lovely neighbour decided that she wanted to send you some squares as well after seeing the ones I had done. We often sit and have a coffee together and crochet.....looks like you have a new fan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what lovely work everyone has done on their squares!!! and the blankets are so wonderfull!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the black and white theme. It looks so classy. well done (again) Mrs. Twins

    ReplyDelete