Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 19 January 2011

Squares from the UK!

Hi Everyone!

I've had another delivery of Squares this morning for our SIBOL project. All three sets have come from the UK. They are absolutely beautiful.

First of all I have to thank Didsbury 13 (Flickr).  She has sent me two gorgeous Green Grannies for our Challenge. As I have said before it's so nice to see the different shades of green come in. This is going to be a pretty Blanket. Thank you Didsbury 13, I do hope you enjoyed making them.

Didsbury 13 (UK) - Your Squares have arrived! Thank You! For our 'Two Tone Green Traditional Granny Square' Challenge. Beautiful!

Gorgeous aren't they! Thank you.

The next set are from Steph. Please pop over to her blog and say hello to her. What  an appropriate name for her blog 'Any Shade of Green!' :) You will see now what I mean. She has sent me two gorgeous Green Granny Squares in two tone for our Challenge. Simply beautiful Grannies. Also two really pretty Flower Squares which will always come in useful, I do so love making Flower Blankets. I would say Flower Squares are my favourite.

2 - Two Tone Green Traditional Granny Squares for our Challenge.

Then the other two Squares Steph has sent me, are  taking part in Janes' competition. If you haven't already taken part please do pop over to her blog and say hello and see what she is up to. Do hurry though.  Make a Square and then name it. Great fun. Here are Stephs' Squares for Janes' competition.

'Marvin' (Left) by Debbie Cooper. 'Sleeping Violet' (Right). Beautiful Squares for Janes competition over on SIBOL.

The Square on the left is called 'Marvin' by Debbie Cooper and the one on the right is called 'Sleeping Violet'. Steph these Squares are just so pretty. I think my own personal favourite is the lilac one 'Sleeping Violet'. I shall mail Jane to let her know your names, thank you for entering.

Here's your Slide Show Steph, thanks so much for beautiful Squares received today! Much appreciated.





The third set of Squares have come in today from Ruby.  Please pop over to her blog and say hello.

Three Squares from Ruby, all so pretty. One for the Flower Blanket, it's called 'Irish Rose Square'. Wow, what a beautiful pattern this is! Take a look at it in the photo.

moleymakes - Pretty Square for our Flower Challenge 'Irish Rose Square', so lovely in these pastel colours!

Looks lovely with your choice of colours Ruby. Then a peach one for the 'Circle of Friends' Blanket. As I've said before many....times, amazing how a Square can change with different colours used! Then the final Square today is the one for the 'Jan Eaton' Challenge. It's No. 31, and it's called 'Primrose Square'.  Another lovely pattern.

Thanks so much Ruby. It's a pleasure to make you a Slide Show!





We are working hard making 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly, SIBOLETTES now in 19 countries all over the World sending me Squares here in the UK.  All our 'Sunshine Blankets' will be delivered to Nursing Homes in the UK. I would like to thank you all for your wonderful support. It is so nice to see that we are working hard for the Elderly, but at the same time we as a Crocheting and Knitting Group are just having so much fun!

I do hope this web-site inspires you to try something new.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. My favourites are the greenish squares, however I like all of them!

    Well done ladies!

    I was so happy when the Two Shades of Green Challenge was announced... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didsbury 13's two tones are lovely, the Irish rose is so pretty and I love all of Steph's squares, those flower squares are spectacular,I love the colours.Thanks Steph and Debbie for entering the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green squares.Very cute colors.

    ReplyDelete