Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 30 March 2012

Getting up to date!

Hi Everyone!

I am very happy to be showing you some great Squares which have been arriving at 'Two Times'.

First of all a dear friend over on Flickr Salma70 from Kuwait has very kindly sent me these beautiful Squares. They have been made in such a lovely colour combination and the centres are just lovely. It was a nice surprise Salma to receive these in the post and I would like to thank you very much indeed!

Salma70 (Kuwait) Your Squares arrived!


I apologise for being a little late showing you these Squares but things have been rather hectic at home with our decorating going on.

Next we have Squares from pippa-anne here in the UK.  I love your Squares too beautiful patterns and great colours! These will be great for when we make Mens' Blankets I think.

pippa-anne (UK) Your Squares arrived thank you!


It is rather difficult to take photos with the sun shining so brightly, but thank goodness my camera is working now.

Thanks very much too pippa-anne!  I love your crocheting!

makingtracks (UK) has very kindly sent me a Number 2 for our Olympic Blanket which I desperately needed. A gorgeous Knitted Square which I will now use for the '201'2'!
I'm very grateful to you makingtracks!

makingtracks (UK) Your Number '2' has arrived for our Olympic Blanket. Thank you!


I am very grateful to Ann too who has sent me three beautiful sets of embellishments. These will be terribly useful for our 'SIBOL' Blankets. Gorgeous Butterflies, Hearts and Flowers all made in wonderful colours.
It's always useful to have embellishments in our 'SIBOL' Stash, you never know when you might need them.

Let's take a look at them.

Ann (Your embellishments arrived today! Thank you!


How kind of Ann to make Hearts, Butterflies and Flowers for our Blankets


Beautiful Butterflies!


Aren't they lovely? Thank you Ann.

Next we have some pretty Knitted Squares sent in by Helen and Doris from the 'Yate and Chipping Sodbury Knitwits Group'.  Ladies you are very kind making these for our 'SIBOL' project. The Squares are wonderful all made in fantastic colours. Some of these the red, blue and white will be used in our Olympic Blanket. Many thanks indeed!



Created with flickr slideshow.



I am now up to date with the recent Squares that have come in. They are all lovely and I am most grateful.
Over the next few days I shall be showing you the latest Blankets.

I'm terribly grateful for all emails received recently. I am so glad that you are enjoying our 'SIBOL' web site and I'm really pleased that you think our project is worthy of your time. I appreciate everything that you do for 'SIBOL'.

I shall be back soon with some 'close ups' of our Olympic Flag Squares and new Blankets too.

Have a good weekend.

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous "postbag", Sue, such lovely work. The flowers, hearts and butterflies are delicious, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete