Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 19 March 2012

Olympic Squares from the Netherlands and here in the UK!

Good Evening to everyone!

Thank you very much for visiting 'SIBOL' this evening. It's very nice of you to pop by!

I have had some lovely Squares from Fiona in the Netherlands to show you this evening. These Squares are for our Olympic Challenge and they are superb!   All beautifully crocheted and once again we have some Flags which I'm really happy about.

The Blue, White and Black Flag is for Botswana.
The White, Green and Orange Flag is the Ivory Coast.
The White and Blue one is the Flag of Israel.

We also have the Letter 'N' for our Olympic Blanket which I desperately needed!

A great 'N' for the Olympic Blanket!


A Slide Show for you Fiona! Thank you so...much! I love all of your Squares and it will be my pleasure to include them in our Olympic Blanket.




Created with flickr slideshow.




I have also received some Squares from a Lady called Alma here in the UK. Alma has very kindly made some Knitted Squares for our Olympic Challenge and these will be wonderful too for our Blanket. I'm wondering whether I should tell you how many Squares I have received now, or should this be a surprise? um..........I think I am going to keep it a little secret for now.  But just a little clue, this Blanket is going to be 'massive!'.......

Alma (UK) Your Squares have arrived thank you!

Alma I have made you a Slide Show for you also! Sit back and enjoy!





Created with flickr slideshow.


Aren't these Squares lovely too!  You have made them beautifully Alma! I am thrilled with the Olympic Squares I have received from Fiona and Alma, many thanks to you both!
I am closing my Olympic Challenge at the end of March. I have had this Challenge running now from last year and I decided a while back that the end of March should be the cut off date. I would like to thank everyone for the Olympic Squares that I have received  but I would just like to say if you still want to Crochet or Knit a 6" Square then please do! I am really hoping that we can raise some serious money for the Alzheimers Society here in the UK.  With your help I know we can do it!

Did you see the Flag Squares from the States? A Lady by the name of Santha from Fort Myers made them. She used a reference book called  Flag Lore of all nations by Whitney Smith and of course the internet to gather information. She had such fun making 100 Flags for the Blanket and I would love you to see them. I am going to do some close up shots for you of her Squares but not at the moment as I am knee deep in paint! We are decorating the house from top to bottom and we've taken all the carpets up too! So we are in a mess!

Please go back previous posts to view the Squares! Each one was made with such perfection and the detail on them was unbelievable! I gave my Mother a photograph of the Flags and she had great pleasure showing all her neighbours!

100 Crocheted Olympic Flags!


These Squares are amazing thank you so much for taking the time and trouble making them! I just love them!
What a lot of patience Santha must have had to make all these Squares! So....interesting!

It is always very nice to receive your emails telling me how much you enjoy the 'SIBOL' web site, but could I also tell you that we have a group on RAVELRY too! I will give you the link, why not pop over? We have monthly Square Swaps and you are most welcome to join in. The Ladies are a great bunch and we have daily chats and everyone is most welcome to join our Group.

If you would like to visit our SIBOL CHALLENGE web site, please follow the Link. I am sure there is something that might interest you!

Are you on Flickr? Why not join us there too? My photostream is Flickr Mrs Twins you are most welcome to pop over and view our latest Squares received. This is where I keep a visual record of every Square that arrives in my home. Without Flickr I would be lost, it's a great place to keep myself on track!

We also have SIBOL - The Archive. This is a place where we give information about Squares that we have made. You might find a different Square to try on there.

If there is anything at all you want to know please email me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net


Thanks for visiting this evening!

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh ! ...that's huge , I can't believe it.All are wonderful squares , desings , flags , colors and more than everything the dedication to make them.Love them all.
    Ahhhh , the collage it's looking wonderful , I can see my picture :0) ....thanks Mrs. Sue , you always working so hard.

    Happy week !

    Xo,Xo,Xo

    ReplyDelete