Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 20 March 2012

Squares from the UK and the USA!

Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you  for visiting 'SIBOL' today.  First of all may I say hello to all the new Ladies visiting our web site. Over the past week I have had quite a few enquiries because of the article in 'Knit Today' and I would like to welcome you all! It's been lovely chatting with you on emails and I do hope you will enjoy Knitting or Crocheting for 'SIBOL'.

Could I just say if you are new to 'SIBOL' all instructions about sending Squares are over on the SIBOL CHALLENGE web site. The only thing I don't give on there is my address and this is available by emailing me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Please make sure you attach your name, address, email address, RAV name if any, Flickr User Name if any. That would be great.

As a Group we do not have many rules but I would like the Squares as near to 6" as you possibly can please. If you make a Square with a straight edge that would be perfect. Sometimes I receive Squares with wavy edges and it does save me time when I assemble them.

I am very pleased to be showing you another Olympic Square today. This one is made by the Lady who sent me the 100 Flag Crocheted Squares last week. She has very kindly Crocheted me the 'Letter D' for our Olympic Challenge. Her RAV Name is 'akarapacha' and she lives in Fort Myers (USA). So this Square has travelled quite a way!

akarapacha (USA) Your Letter 'D' has arrived for the Olympic Blanket! Thank you so much! It's gorgeous!


Just what I needed thank you akarapacha!

I have also had some beautiful Squares arrive today from Coxabey here in the UK. Coxabey (RAV) has very kindly sent me Squares with great patterns and superb colour combinations! I  love all of them. She also donated some yarn too which was very nice of her. 

Coxabey (RAV) Your 'donated yarn and Squares' have arrived today! Thank you!


So are these!


These Colour combinations are perfect Coxabey!


These are so pretty. Look at the centres!


This Square all on it's own too! Brilliant tones of Green!


These are gorgeous Squares, great patterns! Brillaint colours!




I am a little re-stricted taking photos at the moment because where-ever I walk in the house I am treading on lettered 'underlay!' We have been decorating the house from top to bottom and I'm in such a mess! My ornaments are in boxes everywhere, and I am completely out of my routine! I am doing my best to load the photos on to Flickr and the SIBOL web-site but as you can tell 'it's evening again!'.  Still not much more to do.....we have to finish off the 'dreaded gloss' paint tomorrow and then next week the carpets will be delivered so hopefully I will soon be back to normal! Once I am I will be starting to work on the beautiful Flag Squares and other Olympic Squares which have arrived at my home. I can't wait!

These Squares are wonderful Coxabey thank you. It's also very nice of you to donate some yarn to 'SIBOL'.

I am often asked about the Butterflies we hang on our Blankets. If you would like to try making them, my friend Nettie in Australia has a great video tutorial you might like to look at. Please pop over to Netspets!
I often tell her how popular our Butterflies have become. Back in the early days I assembled a Blanket and the Lady who sent me the 25 Squares 'Posy Linda' from the States  said she would like to call the Blanket 'Butterfly' as I had a Butterfly hanging on a Crocheted Chain. Dear Salma over on Flickr then said we should use Butterflies as a type of 'SIBOL' trademark and we have been using them ever since!   I do hope our 'SIBOL' Butterflies always flutter happily!

Thank you once again for popping over to see our new Squares. If there is anything you would like to ask me please feel free to mail me. Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

x Sue x





No comments:

Post a Comment