Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 6 March 2012

SIBOL Squares from Canada and UK. A beautiful Ta - Dah too!

Good Evening  to everyone visiting 'SIBOL' today!

I am very pleased to be welcoming you to our 'SIBOL' web site. I have some gorgeous Squares to show you.

I'm very grateful to Lynn63 for sending this 'Irish Rose' Square all the way from Canada. The Square has been beautifully made in wonderful colours. I think they really compliment each other so well and it's a delight to receive it. We certainly are having some wonderful Squares for this particular Challenge.

Lynn63 (Canada) Your 'Irish Rose' Square has arrived today! Many thanks! It's gorgeous!


If you are interested in making an 'Irish Rose' Square all details are over on our SIBOL CHALLENGE Blog.  Thank you very much for sending this Square to 'SIBOL' Lynn63 I am most grateful to you.

The second Square I have to show you is a beautiful 'Wiggles' Square. Once again all details for this particular Challenge are over on our SIBOL CHALLENGE Blog. The Square has been sent in by jessiebonbon  (UK)  over on RAV.  Thank you so much. I think these two colours go so well together also. It really is another gorgeous Square. Here it is......

Jessie Bon Bon (UK) (RAV) Your 'Wiggles' Square.


I  am very pleased to also be showing you a donated Blanket which has arrived from joyce28.  joyce28 has made this Blanket so beautifully in wonderful colours. This Blanket is called 'On Target'.  What an appropriate name! I just love it. It reminds her of  shooting targets! It does me too!

This is a gorgeous Blanket. Circles within Squares! Beautiful colours and so kind of you thank you joyce28!


This Blanket is really so interesting all the different coloured circles, superb!

It's very nice when an individual takes the time to make a Blanket and actually donate it to 'SIBOL' I am extremely grateful to you joyce28 you certainly have made a wonderful job and I'm sure the person who receives it is going to love it!

If anyone would like to take a look at our Challenge Blog, you will see that making a 'SIBOL' Blanket yourself is an 'optional Challenge' and this Challenge has been very popular over the last few months and we have been receiving some wonderful Blankets.

joyce28 I have made a Slide Show for you! Sit back  and enjoy! I hope everyone else does too.






Created with flickr slideshow.


The Butterflies were taken from our 'SIBOL' Butterfly stash and if you would like to have a go yourselves you will find the video tutorial on Nettie's Blog in Australia.

You will also be very pleased to know that our 'Your Local Landscape' Blanket is now on exhibition at the Jersey Textile Showcase in Jersey. I'm hoping it will raise some money at the end of the event for Jersey Mencap. Pat Robson will be mailing me with photographs when the event is over.

I mailed her on Sunday evening to wish her all the best for the event and she left this message for everyone that took part in this particular Blanket.

"Thank you so much the blanket is up and looks great, we will forward you images after the event. Please tell your group that we really appreciate what you have done for Jersey Mencap,
Very Best wishes, Pat"

I would like to thank everyone for taking part.

Thanks for visiting our 'SIBOL' web site today and I hope you have enjoyed looking at these beautiful Squares and the donated 'On Target' Blanket too!'  Thanks to everyone that has taken part.

x Sue x





4 comments:

  1. Lovely new squares, Sue, and I agree - the Irish Rose colours are strikingly beautiful.

    The "On target" blanket is absolutely stunning! What an imaginative use of colours. You must be thrilled - another great day for SIBOL HQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Irish Rose is just so gorgeous! "On target" how kind that was for here to donate a blanket to sibol. cathy - ed4448

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that square is amazing so rich and the blanket is very contemporary, id have that at home no worries.

    ReplyDelete