Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 14 March 2012

Squares, Squares, Squares!

Good Evening Everyone!

I apologise for being late with this post, lots of things have been going on behind the scenes 'family wise' and 'SIBOL' wise. I haven't had much chance to sit down and write my post to you.

First of all I would like to say how grateful I am to everyone that has made Olympic Squares for me. You know I have been working quite hard over the last six months trying to get in Squares for our special 'Olympic Blanket'.  This Blanket will be made and auctioned on EBAY around the time of the Olympic Games to raise money for a really worthy cause 'Alzheimers' here in the UK. This dreadful condition effects many people and it is quite distressing for the sufferer but also for families watching on. I decided on Alzheimers  in particular because of our work with the Elderly.  I know our Blankets in the past have gone to people with Alzheimers, I thought it appropriate.

The Squares have been coming in from Ladies from all walks of life, all over the World and I am most grateful to each and every one of you. The Squares have all been so very different and you have all used your imagination so well!  I can never thank you all enough for the time spent making the Squares and indeed posting them on to me. I am always terribly grateful to you all even if it's one Square for whatever Challenge!  You still have got a few weeks until the end of March if you want to make a Square for the Olympic Blanket  please let me know if you want to do one. Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net as time is running out!

I would like to show you now some beautiful Olympic Squares which have arrived from the States, New York in fact! I have never received any from New York before! A kind Lady by the name of 'Willena' has sent them  to me and they really are wonderful! Some really great designs and of course appropriate colours! These are going to look great in our Blanket!

I love this one in particular!












Created with flickr slideshow.




I am very grateful to you Willena and I will have a lot of fun putting your Squares into our Olympic Blanket.

The next Squares have come in from Hieke in the Netherlands.  Hieke has very kindly made Squares for quite a few of our Challenges. Your work is amazing Hieke and thank you for taking such an interest in our SIBOL project.  Amongst the Squares are more for our Olympic Blanket 'Basketball' and 'Badminton'. We are certainly getting some variety for our Blanket. Great Squares for our 'Musical Challenge' too, wonderful ideas!


Hieke (Netherlands) Your Squares have arrived today!



The 'Irish Rose' Square has come out well  too. We've had quite a lot of interest in this Square. Some Ladies find it hard, some find it  easy! Why not have a go! Email me on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net for the pattern.
I've made a Slide Show for you Hieke! Sit back and enjoy!







Created with flickr slideshow.



The last set of Squares this evening have come in from Rachel here in the UK. I had a very nice email from Rachel and I'm sure she won't mind me extracting a small piece from her text.

She says,

 "These flags helped to inspire me for my GCSE artwork topic, in which we are studying world culture. I did my title page entirely out of knitted flags and intarsia lettering. Thank you for inspiring me so much! I thoroughly enjoyed making these squares for such a worthy cause."

I was tickled pink to receive this email from Rachel. It is nice to know that our 'SIBOL' project is helping in many other ways too! The best of luck with your work Rachel!

Rachel made two Flag Squares for our 'Olympic Blanket'. I did actually have to check in my 'Flag Book' to find out which Country the Flag belonged to. I checked with Rachel and yes it is India thank goodness! The other of course is The Flag of England.  You have made the Flag Squares really well indeed and it's a pleasure to receive them. I do hope you will look out for your Flags in the Blanket when it is finished.

Let's take a look at them now. This one the Flag of India. The Green is for faith, orange for courage, and white for peace. The blue of the ancient Indian 'chakra' which symbolizes renewal - is for sky and sea.

The Flag of India is superb!


Enjoy your Slide Show Rachel and many thanks!





Created with flickr slideshow.




Once again thank you all so very much, it's been a pleasure to receive your gorgeous Squares I still get so....excited even after all this time!

It's nearly mid-night, nitey nite!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' this evening.

x Sue x

1 comment: