Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 23 November 2011

CHALLENGE ANNOUNCEMENT LADIES! /Squares on Wednesday from the UK.

Jersey Textile Showcase 2012.


Recently I saw an advert in one of the magazines advertising ‘Jersey Textile Showcase 2012’.

Apart from competitions they hold each year,
(OUR BLANKET WOULD BE CLASSED TOO LARGE TO ENTER FOR THE COMPETITION) *

they also have work on Exhibition which they then sell to raise money for ‘MENCAP’.

I propose to try and make a Blanket which would be put on Exhibition.

The title would be YOUR LOCAL LANDSCAPE’.

The title can be taken as widely as you wish.
It could be whatever you see out of your window.

Some people living near the sea might be producing work in Blues.

If you live in the Country you could be producing work in Green’s

Or if you see a Garden, you could be producing a piece of work in mixed colours.


You could if you wanted to make it up! No one would know!

So imagine your 6” Square is your ‘Window’

What do you see out of your 'Window'? Where ever you live!

PLEASE CROCHET OR KNIT A 6” SQUARE.


With your ‘view’!

This might be a hard Challenge.

I am announcing now because I think we need to get started on it. This was on my list for you.

SQUARES HAVE TO ARRIVE AT SIBOL HQ BY 7th JANUARY PLEASE.
So Squares have to be made as soon as you can please  and sent to me.

sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

For my address.

I have been promised by the Organiser Pat that she will take photos of the Blanket on Exhibition for us and also let us know how much the Blanket was sold for. I would not be able to get to Jersey, and she has said she would do this for me.

I do like to do these special Charity Blankets. I hope we can do more of them.

So Ladies why not have a go!

Thank you!

Any queries please contact me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net


NEW SQUARES

I am extremely happy to be showing you these pretty Squares which Sue has sent in. Sue lives here in the UK, and I'm really pleased that she has made them for SIBOL. Not only has she made the Squares for our Group, but also a cute Butterfly.

Sue (UK) Your Squares arrived today thank you!

If you want to have a go at the Butterflies, our dear friend in Australia Nettie from NetsPets put the tutorial up on her Blog and I am often telling her how the Butterflies have become our SIBOL Trademark if you like.

Would you like the link? Here it is.  Why not make some Butterflies and send them to SIBOL if you want a change from Squares? I will be very happy to accept them and put them in my Butterfly 'Stash!'.  It saves me  a lot of time if I have Butterflies already made up. So when a Blanket is finished I can instantly attach them.

Well you've got the link now, have a go!

There is still time to vote for our Blog on the Inside Crochet web site if you enjoy visiting us here on SIBOL. I'm very happy to say SIBOL has been nominated as 'Favourite Craft Blog 2011'. We are up against some fabulous Blogs which I hope you will also check out. The closing date is 30th November if you are interested thank you so much!

I think that's all for now. Have a think about this wonderful Challenge!

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. selam canım..güzel motifler yine çok güzel örtü olacaklar bunlardan şimdiden kolay gelsin sevgiler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'll note this challenge and start crocheting what I see at my window :)

    ReplyDelete