Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 29 November 2011

Your Local Landscape & Knit Today Squares arrive from the UK!

Good Evening Everyone!

Welcome to SIBOL!

I have two sets of Squares arrive today from Jessiebonbon (Rav) and Barbara both ladies from the UK.
Thank you both so much.

The first set of Squares are 'Simple Squares'. The pattern was put up in the 'Knit Today' magazine and they were suggesting that their readers send them to SIBOL. I was over the moon that they recognised our Charity work for the Elderly. Barbara very kindly emailed me for the pattern and today I received four Squares which are just lovely. The colours are beautiful and these will go towards our 3rd Knit Today Blanket.

Barbara (UK) 4 pretty Knit Today Squares Thank you!


So pretty, pastel colours are my favourite! Thank you so much Barbara for sending them to me.

Let's take a look at the first two 'Knit Today' Blankets we made.

'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.

Thanks Ladies another great Blanket!


The other 'Knit Today' was made by joyce28 which came out beautifully. She very kindly made and donated the Blanket to SIBOL. It's called 'Lilac Patch'.

This Blanket has been made and donated to SIBOL by joyce28.

I still need 14 Squares to finish the 3rd and final 'Knit Today' Blanket if anyone is interested please email me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

The other set of Squares are from Jessiebonbon (Rav) who has very 'quickly' put together a Square for our 'Your Local  Landscape' Challenge. I have put this Challenge up early because I want to get the Squares in as soon as possible. It's basically, 'What do you see when you look out of your window?'. Jessiebonbon sees flowers in her garden, a cat, a butterfly, a road too of course with cars which are tiny buttons! How cute. I love this Square so much and it is the first to arrive for this Challenge.  If we manage to make a Blanket for 'Your Local Landscape' it will be sent to Jersey to take part in the Jersey Textile Showcase next year. Afterwards the Blanket will be sold by the Organiser and all proceeds will be given to Mencap. Now if you would like to take part please pop over to the SIBOL Challenge Blog.

'What do you see out of your window?' Make a Square for our SIBOL Mencap Blanket.


Good isn't it? Now for the other Square Jessiebonbon sent to me. This one is lovely too.

Thank you for this Square too jessiebonbon.


I would like to thank you both very much.

I hope you enjoyed looking at the new Squares today. May I remind you our Challenges begin 1st December, not long to go! I'm getting nervous now. I do hope you will like them.

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Somewhere over the rainbow blanket-the granny squares look like they are just over the middle square. Beautiful!
    And I love the Lilac Patch blanket, such beautiful colors!
    You already have one Landscape square! That was quick! And it is so good.
    Love the four pastel squares and the blue and white one at the end, it looks like the sky!
    Gorgeous, everything, here! Don't you just adore the talent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello my dear friend Sibol, I follow your blog for a long time and I like the favorites list you've added, and you'll more than happy to discuss, please add me to your list of friends loves.

    ReplyDelete